Up Your Rental Potential With These Handy Add-Ons!
Bought a new property for the purpose of rental? Sure, it is an easier option to just rent out a bare unit but to attract more potential tenants who are willing to pay a higher rental than the norm, you might want to think of furnishing your home with a few add-ons that will make it more attractive as well as liveable.
The good news is that these add-ones don’t have to be elaborated or complicated. In fact, sticking to something simple and straightforward is probably your best bet as your future tenant can then build on that foundation to make the place more homely and attuned to their lifestyle. You could start by semi furnishing key areas in your pad like the kitchen, living room as well as bedrooms as these places are often what tenants sought in terms of comfort and convenience when viewing a potential place to rent.
Here are six homes that we feel have aced these decking out these key areas with basic yet creative add-ons. Check them out and see how you too can copy these ideas for your space.
1. Everyone could do with a little bit more storage space and this is exactly what the homeowner did for this cool condo! Check out the bookshelf in the living room that is set against the wooden feature wall, allowing tenants to create their dream library or model car showcase.
2. Again – more storage space in the living area as well as bedrooms. Smart concealed storage always works to keep the place tidy and elegant, just like in this landed property. Plus, the mirror feature wall in the living room conveys a more spacious feel as well as boutique hotel theme.
3. Love the clearly divided wet and dry kitchen in this condo. It not only makes everything easier to clean but also creates a nice distinction between a hosting area versus a prep room. Perfect for those who envision holding dinner parties often!
4. Love the minimalist theme to this condo where wood on white works perfectly! The concealed wall cabinets is a plus to keep things tidy while built-in tables in the individual bedrooms come in handy for work/study purposes. Perfect for rental to working professionals.
5. Take cue here: An already existing kitchen that looks pretty awesome is a plus point for tenants who have no desire to design one their own. Add on built-in wall cabinets in each room and you’ve instantly upped the value of your property like this homeowner.
6. Keep it simple and basic like this condo so that it easily appeals to most people – something too out there or unique might turn away potential tenants who rather have a minimalist space that they can build on. Again, a stunning kitchen like here is definitely required for better rental potential.
request for a complimentary quotation here and we will quickly link you up with a shortlist of designers for free!