6 Practical Wet And Dry Kitchen Ideas
For many of us, the kitchen is where it all takes place – whether it is a homecooked meal for your family or a gathering of friends. It is often the most important space in your home that requires a lot of planning and creativity to make it look fab and also functional.
Here in Malaysia, there is always that concept of a wet or dry kitchen – wet for more heavy-duty cooking and dry for easier tasks. Some homes have the luxury to have both but most – especially flats and condos – do without a wet kitchen, which isn’t a huge problem as most dry kitchens are properly planned to handle even the most difficult of kitchen tasks. Plus, with the right organisation, you can have the dream kitchen you have always wanted!
For ideas, we checked out these homes that have done it right in the kitchen department:
1. When you have the luxury of space like this homeowner, it is easy to build your wet and dry kitchen. But smart use of space makes your kitchens even more perfect. In this case, the dry kitchen is kept minimal to function as a space for easy cooking and prep work. Glossy kitchen cabinets give it a showroom feel. Meanwhile, the wet kitchen utilises “rougher” tiles and walls for easier clean up, especially after frying. Natural light coming in from a sliding door makes working in the kitchen easier.
Interior Designer: Spazio Design
Location: Lake Fields
2. Talk about a showpiece kitchen! This homeowner went all the way out when it came to the kitchen – it is sleek with the warm wood and impressive with the stunning kitchen hood (something you don’t see very often!). If you have both wet and dry kitchens, take cue here: Install a sliding door to separate the two when not in use or open up for a more impressive view.
Interior Designer: Oriwise
Location: The Straits View Residence
3. There is something about an all-white kitchen that speaks to all homeowners – it gives a clean impression and looks more spacious. What is the most important thing about a functional kitchen? It is definitely storage space, which is exactly what this homeowner has. Go with drawers and shelves for all your kitchen items.
Interior Designer: Cube Creation
Location: Setia Eco Park
4. Another all-white kitchen that showcases a sleek, minimalist kitchen style. Be like this homeowner and properly design spaces to keep your appliances in place so that you can avoid clutter on the counter top. Love the touch of the bar stools at the island that gives it a modern feel.
Interior Designer: Pocket Square
Location: TTDI Plaza
5. Even if space is limited you can still have a functional and beautiful kitchen. Just focus on the essentials, like this homeowner – enough storage space, organised working areas and an island that also functions as a dining table. Built-in kitchen appliances keep the place clutter free and organised.
Interior Designer: Meridian Interior Design
Location: The Reeds
6. Love how this homeowner has installed a sliding door that separates the kitchen from the other parts of the house. It is a great way to keep odour out as well as contain grease and mess within. Plus, it clearly sets the distinction between kitchen and dining area.
Interior Designer: Spazio Design
Location: The Resident, Ampang South
What do you think of these remarkable kitchen ideas? Preparing meals now would be much quicker and more fun with these great kitchen designs. Download the free Qanvast app for more beautiful kitchen ideas. The app is available from the App Store or Google Play.If you are looking to renovate, request a complimentary quote here and we can match you with interior firms based on your requirements for free. Try it today!