To proceed with your renovation plans during the MCO period, opt for contactless consultations, and move your meetings online.
How You Can Make Your Home Airbnb-Worthy
These days, savvy travellers turn to Airbnb when looking for accommodation while on holidays. Aside from being relatively cheaper and equipped with most of the facilities you need, there are some that are pretty cool in terms of décor, offering you that chic home-away-from-home experience. Why not take cue from these ideas and create your very own vacay home with your personal touch? You don’t even have to wait for the next holiday.
1. Quirky always seems to be the theme when it comes to most Airbnb – and when done right, it really works. Jazz up your new home with pop art pieces that make not only great conversation pieces but also backdrops for your Instagram posts.
Interior Designer: Hatch Design
Location: Ipoh South
Cost of renovation: RM350,000
2. Not into the kitsch? Why not opt for a more grandeur feel for your Airbnb-worthy style? Take cue here – using opulent textures and warm colours instantly add value and luxe to any space. Bonus points for a chandelier-like light feature.
Interior Designer: Design Integra
Location: Ceva Residence
Cost of renovation: RM800,000
3. House-at-the-Hamptons feel? Definitely worth doing to create that staycation mood at your home. Opt for an all-white interior to give it that breezy atmopshere. Furnish with vintage English Rose furniture for a colonial style that’s reminiscent of a seaside chalet.
Interior Designer: Grazioso Design
Location: Quayside Condo
Cost of renovation: RM90,000
4. Your home can really be your sanctuary of peace if you give it that resort-theme feel! Which is exactly what this homeowner did using naturel elements like bamboo and wooden textures complete with décor that you’ll find at high-end spas. Give it a homely feel with potted plants that add a fresh vibrancy.
Interior Designer: Alpex Design
Cost of renovation: RM650,000
5. Deck out your home with comfy furniture and loungy pieces to give it that beach villa feel. Make it extra homely with classic details like English-rose curtains. Holiday knick-knacks add instant charm to any space.
Interior Designer: Meridian Interior Design
Cost of renovation: RM255,000
6. Love the metropolitan vibe cities like New York City and Barcelona have to offer? Recreate this urban chic mode at your very own home! Think stark colours like black and grey for that cool element and standout art pieces for that gallery-like feel. Designer furniture completes the look of a well-curated home.
Interior Designer: X Dimension Design
Location: Five Stones
Cost of renovation: RM390,000
7. Most Airbnb-homes evoke a boutique hotel feel, which is really easy to recreate in your own space. Opt for funky furniture that stand out on their own – mix and match to create a juxtaposition of styles. Need storage space? Instead of concealing, why not make it an open-concept style that not only lets you show off your memorabilia but also stands out.
Interior Designer: Pocket Square
Location: The Capers
Cost of renovation: RM105,000
Ultimately, a home is a place you’d want to return to in the most relaxing environment. Make your home perfect for lounging in all day. Drop us a complimentary quote request today and we will match you with 5 trusted interior designers who can create a space you love.Need ideas on how to design your new home? Download the free Qanvast app today, and save design references onto your Qanvast boards. The Qanvast app can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play.