6 Bright and Airy Homes We Can’t Get Enough Of
Who doesn’t like their home to look spacious, bright and airy? It immediately makes the space comfy, cosy and if done right, super chic as well. Check out how to up the effect with ideas from these six homes.
1. Go for simple lines against a mostly white interior to enhance the bright and airy feeling – just like this beautiful home. Make the most of the natural light with both sheer and thick curtains – keep the thicker curtain permanently open to allow light in always.
Interior designer: Box Design Studio
Location: Villa Heights Equine Park
Cost of renovation: RM 200,000
2. Plenty of windows, plenty of lights – that’s the winning combination for a bright and airy home. Just like this landed home where floor-to-ceiling windows, strategically placed light fixtures and a mostly white interior add to the cosy ambience. Natural material like wood enhances an intimate feel overall.
Interior designer: ID Industries
Location: Ara Damansara
3. One obvious way to make your home bright? Keeping the walls a light shade as seen in this home. You definitely can’t go wrong with white, which is both timeless and contemporary. Opt for streamlined furniture pieces to minimise bulk and to give the entire home a nice clean line.
Interior designer: Pocket Square
Location: Stafford Setia Eco Glades
Cost of renovation: RM 215,000
4. Going all white for that bright and airy appeal may make your home feel “empty” so do like this homeowner: Use splashes of colour to give it some character. Pick a light shade so that it doesn't veer too much on the dark side. Flush it out with a stunning light fixture – here, the hanging lights do the magic.
Interior designer: SQFT Space Design Management
Location: Setia Ecohill Semenyih
Cost of renovation: RM1,200,000
5. The first step to a bright and airy home? Eliminate clutter and mess, like this homeowner. Keep things off the floor and well maintained. Pick a few feature items for a more simplistic, clean feel.
Interior Designer: Nevermore Design
Location: Batu Maung, Penang
6. Aside from a white or ivory theme, try keeping your walls free from photos or shelves. Take cue from this home – give it a minimalist approach by using uniformed squres and clean lines on the wall for a modern and organised feel. Pick only a few items to showcase so your home won’t look cluttered. Standout lights with clean, understated design enhance the effect.
Interior designer: Box Creative
Location: Mont Kiara
Cost of renovation: RM 240,000
Renovating your place?
We can handpick a couple of ID firms that match your requirements for free! Simply request for a free quote here, and we will match you up with 5 interior firms - based on your style and budget.
See more local home ideas on the go! Download the Qanvast app here. Save your favourite images, discover new home products or simply read up on handy renovation tips to transform yourself into the savviest homeowner in town!