6 Gorgeous Landed Homes In Malaysia
Bigger spaces come with their own interior and renovation challenges – do too little and your home could end up looking bare; do too much and it’s way overcrowded. The trick? Think cosy, think comfy – just like these 6 homes with big spaces interior tips that will surely inspire.
1. At 4,047 square feet, space is plenty in this home! Yet it still looks homely with a few large-spaces interior tips. First, an L-shaped sofa in the living room helps create an inviting ambience and works great as a room divider. Soft lighting makes big spaces like this appear warmer, especially when paired with high ceilings. Cosy up with textures like sheer curtains, marble and wood.
Interior designer: SQFT Space Design Management
Location: Puncak Saujana Kajang
2. A great way to dash up a big space? Add a dramatic effect, like the tiled flooring in this home and fun art pieces to dress it up with some character. Go for screen dividers as seen here to break up the space. A desk in a cozy corner – like under the staircase – creates a sectional effect as looks great in large spaces.
Interior designer: Archiplan Interior Design
Location: Tanjong Tokong
Cost of renovation: RM 280,000
3. Again, textures come into play in this huge landed property to break up the monotony and build warmth throughout. When it comes to large spaces, it’s always great to fill dead wall spaces rather than letting it go bare with art or even a bench for an intimate corner.
Interior designer: Yong Studio
Location: Puchong Kinrara
Cost of renovation: RM 350,000
4. Talk about adding a dramatic effect to a large home! This homeowner went all out with his wood TV feature wall to create some sort of divider that looks chic at the same time. A cosy corner – like the reading nook in this home – lend itself perfectly to enhance the layout of the large room.
Interior designer: Giraffe Three
Location: Lakefield Sungai Besi
5. Got high ceilings? Lucky you. Throw in soft furnishings and decor pieces that conveys your personality in a tasteful manner - just about everything you should do to add character to your large home.
Interior designer: The Roof Studio
Location: Shah Alam
6. The lighting fixtures make all the difference in this huge home – especially the ceiling light that draws in closer and adds warmth to the living room. Pair this with bold upholstery like the L-shaped sofa and single-piece teak wood dining table to accentuate the sectional feel of large rooms. Another highlight in this huge home? The balcony complete with a pair of lounge chairs for happy hours or weekend R&R.
Interior Designer: Nevermore Design
Location: Setia Pearl Villa
Cost: RM 1,200,000
Create A Space You Love
Looking to create the same feel for your home? Request for free quotes today to get matched with 5 interior firms based on your budget and style. All recommendations made will be covered under the Qanvast Guarantee, up to $50,000.Browse more homes and renovation tips on the Qanvast app! Download the free app here.