6 Real-Life Crazy Rich Asians-Inspired Homes in Malaysia
Everyone’s talking about the movie Crazy Rich Asians not just for its fun storyline but also the phenomenal set designs featuring some of the most luxurious and outstanding interior. That “tree” house Eleanor Young had her Bible class with her friends? Fab. The Young family’s ancestral home in Tyersall Park? A breathtaking Peranakan style home that is decorated to the hilt.
You too can get the look in your own house – check out these six real homes with that ultra-lux Crazy Rich Asians vibe.
1. We can so see Nick and Rachel shacking up in this stunning home as the new Mr and Mrs Young! It’s got that minimalist value that Nick seem to embody yet a homely feel that Rachel is all about. The leather couch and gilded gold details in the home accessories add a luxe appeal. And that marble island? Classy. A freestanding sleek staircase completes the uptown New York apartment style.
Interior designer: Nevermore Design
2. A home that’s pretty similar to the movie’s up-on-the-hill home! This landed property’s stunning façade is a great first impression of the wow factor inside – floor-to-ceiling windows, a classy all-white kitchen, a swimming pool you wouldn’t mind spending your Sundays afternoons in, a stunning living area. Definitely fit for someone with exceptional taste!
Interior designer: Dromos Production
3. From its impressive modern façade to spacious interior, this home is posh all around. Lush greenery everywhere gives it a homely and Zen feel while expensive finishing gives it a sophisticated appeal. It’s all in the details too – carefully designed storage space, designer furniture and an elegant wood-meets-marble theme. There’s plenty of space to entertain as well which will come in handy for (big) family celebrations, like the Young family.
Interior designer: Ind'finity Design
4. This has Astrid written all over it! Everything about this four-room landed property says class and elegance (just like the character!) from the plush furniture to the eye-catching art. There’s plenty of rich texture that adds to the elegance – marble finishing, modern rugs and breezy curtains to give it a modern contemporary look. Our favourite part definitely has to be the living room that is straight out of a catalogue with its carefully curated décor and complementary furniture – something you just know Astrid would pick.
Interior designer: SQFT Space Design Management
5. The one element these Crazy Rich Asians-style homes share? The right home décor for a luxe and modern appeal. Take your cue from this living room – a stylish dark brown leather couch complete with velvet throw pillows, furniture and décor pieces with sleek lines, a chic rug and definitely the right feature lights to complete the look. Modern art showcases the homeowner’s taste for the finer things in life.
Interior designer: Gusto Design Build
6. Another thing you definitely need to have if you have a Crazy Rich Asians-style home? Uber cool art and carpet with a modern flair. Case in point – the cool abstract-art inspired carpet in this stylish home’s living room and that huge feature TV wall art that catches your attention immediately. Keep everything else understated (but with designer details) for a complementary effect. Our favourite part in this home? Definitely the staircase landing with that glass panel.
Interior designer: Turn Design Interior
Looking for great ideas for your home?
Regardless of your budget, we can recommend interior firms who can design your place. Send in your request with your requirements here and we will match you with 5 IDs for free!