To proceed with your renovation plans during the MCO period, opt for contactless consultations, and move your meetings online.
7 Creative Ideas To Decorate Your Living Room Bare Walls
Not sure what to do with that big blank wall in your living room? Creating a feature wall is one of the most popular décor trend and a cool way to accentuate a living room. Regardless of your budget, you can transform an empty wall in your living room into a showstopping feature wall using a broad range of materials such as wallpaper, wood and even tile. And because you are decorating just one wall, you can add a lot of style to a room without making it feel too busy.
Interior Firm: Blaine Robert Design Sdn. Bhd.
To get you inspired, we have gathered these fabulous feature walls found in Malaysian living rooms to guide you to the style that most suits your taste.
1. A single, statement mirror or a group of smaller mirrors that unite as a single unit is one of the most popular feature walls found in Malaysian homes. Not only does it draw the eyes, but it also makes the room feel larger and reflects the feature back on itself, as though you’re seeing it twice. In this 4-bedroom condo, the designer installed a dominant feature wall using a floor to ceiling mirror, which reflects the light around the room and making the area look more spacious than it actually is.
2. Let an artistic feature wall create a room with a view. Art, for instance, presents you with plenty of ways to transform an empty wall into being your room’s anchor. One, large-scale piece, hung centrally, makes a strong and simple statement like this home’s living room.
3. Wall panelling can add character, texture and interest in your living room. Whether you choose to clad your walls with real timber or opt for a more affordable 3D effect wallpaper, this panelled effect is a great way to boost a flat wall. Take design cues from this home that feature wood panelling, set on top of a floor to ceiling monochrome wallpaper to create a visual interest in this cosy yet modern living space.
4. Thought florals were old fashioned? This feature wall will make you reconsider. A group of flowers in different size creates a sophisticated and elegant look to the living room while black and white furniture balances the room as it wouldn’t appear too feminine.
5. Feature walls don’t have to be all about pattern, as this living area demonstrates. Here, a single, deep blue wall actually makes a point of being understated, creating calm and depth for the eye to rest on in this modern living space. It also acts as a visual divider that separates the living and the dining area.
6. Frames are one of the most inexpensive ways to bring gorgeous artistic elements into your living room. Besides frames, you can also consider using everyday objects like hats, baskets or vintage plates to turn it into a piece of art as your living room feature wall. This homeowner created an organised gallery by hanging frames in perfect alignment to create an interesting pattern to the rather boring white walls. The result? A perfect cosy space!
7. While marble is most often imagined in the kitchen or bathroom spaces, it is evident in this home that marble can be a perfect material as a feature wall in the living room too. To complete the look, the designer installed a 3-dimensional wall clock to draw more attention to this modern contemporary living room.
Enjoy exclusive deals and benefits when you engage with an interior designer through Qanvast!
Are you planning to renovate your home anytime soon? Request for a free quote here and we will match you up with up to five interior designers, tailored to your budget and preferences.
That’s not all! Successful ID engagement via Qanvast will be given access to Qanvast e-voucher that allows you to enjoy exclusive deals from 10 popular home and living brands in Malaysia. You can score up to 30% discounts or receive instant rebates up to RM400 on selected furniture store on us. Now, you can literally rethink your home, but for less!
To find out more info about the Qanvast e-voucher, click here.