To proceed with your renovation plans during the MCO period, opt for contactless consultations, and move your meetings online.
7 Homes With Open Floor Plans
Open plan living is all about free flowing spaces and connecting the living and dining areas for a seamless approach. This increasingly popular concept is quite common these days, especially in landed homes where you have more room to be creative. Learn how you can get the look in your home with our gallery of ideas.
1. Natural lighting can do a lot of wonders for your home so if you have large windows to play around with, make this a huge part of your home décor. The natural light creates a more spacious ambient for your open living and dining areas, making it look more cosy as well as adds a touch of elegance. Like this homeowner, opting for a warm colour theme brings an opulent style overall.
Interior designer: Eleven Interior Design
Location: Adda Heights, Johor Bahru
Cost of renovation: RM 116,000
2. This nature-at-home concept is absolutely breathtaking! Go with potted plants placed at different nooks to create indoor lushness. To enhance the open living concept in this landed property, this homeowner went with the same mosaic tile design from living to dining room for an “elongated” impression. Teak wood furniture in both spaces adds on to the natural theme.
Interior designer: Archiplan Interior Design
Location: Tanjong Tokong Abode
Cost of renovation: RM 280,000
3. Want a home that is elegant and sophisticated at first impression? Go with a dark wood theme like this homeowner where mahogany and brown leather make for a stunning choice in this landed property. Marble texture in both the living area (as a feature wall for the TV display) and the kitchen (as the table top finishing) further adds to the continuity and luxurious feel.
Interior designer: Sky Creation
Location: The Hills
Cost of renovation: RM 1,000,000
4. For a clear distinction between the living and dining areas, try a wall frame between the two spaces as seen in this landed home. A dark mahogany frame fitted with light fixtures makes it all the more sophisticated but not intrusive. Meanwhile, using the same drapes treatment in both spaces gives it a harmonious flow.
Interior designer: Designers Home
Location: Tropika 2
Cost of renovation: RM 360,000
5. This stunning landed property gets extra points for its high ceiling in the living area. Windows in both areas make the entire space look more spacious and airy while glass treatment gives it a sense of depth as well. Go for showcase light fixtures over each area like this homeowner did to break the monotony of the open living plan.
Interior Designer: Surface R
Location: Setia Eco Park
Cost of renovation: RM 590,000
6.This landed home may appear smaller than the rest but its style makes up for it in a big way. Going with golden accents in the décor from the curtains to the walls to the flooring gives it a luxurious feel that still feels homely and cosy. The simplicity in furniture style gels perfectly with the style.
Interior designer: Moonlit Inspiration
Location: Viridian Residence, Cheras
Cost of renovation: RM 800,000
7. An open concept for the living and dining rooms work especially if your home is longer than it is wider as it makes it all look more spacious and cosy. Case in point is this beautiful landed home: The sleek finishing and furniture give it a modern feel, especially the designer light fixtures that have been installed. An elongated ceiling design connects both areas to make it appear as one.
Interior designer: SQFT Space Design Management
Looking for a talented design firm to transform your home into a stylish sanctuary? Find them right here on Qanvast! Just drop a quote request, and we’ll match you with 5 interior designers, based on your budget and style.For more home design inspiration, download the Qanvast app, available on the App Store and Google Play, and save your favourite images on the go!