To proceed with your renovation plans during the MCO period, opt for contactless consultations, and move your meetings online.
8 Home Designs That Work All The Time
We all want our homes to look trendy and current but the problem with that is trends change – and they change fast! Last thing you want is for your now stylish home to look outdated five years later.
Make your home looks good in years to come by sticking to these time-tested designs.
1. Key to a timeless design? Opt for a neutral base. Here, grey, white and beige form the backdrop for this condominium while modern-looking furniture act as accent pieces to give it a contemporary look. By doing so, you can change your furniture and décor every few years to keep your home looking fresh and updated.
Interior Designer: Gusto Design & Build
Location: Verticas Residensi (save this project)
2. A timeless design doesn’t mean outdated. In this case, this condo gets modernized with funky art, bringing balance to the minimalist approach. Additionally, natural materials like wood create a home that is beautiful and won’t go out of fashion.
Interior Designer: X Dimension Design
Location: The Wharf Residence (save this project)
3. Wood floorings are always popular and there is a reason why – it lasts through the years to make your home look cosy and modern at the same time. This home uses natural wood throughout – not just on the floor but also as part of its décor – giving it a zen-like appeal. Keeping it simple will also create a classic look that will last.
Interior Designer: Up Creations
Location: Petaling Jaya (save this project)
4. Consider going on the luxe side of things to give your home a timeless appeal. Warm tones add a richness to the entire home while textures in the furnishing give it more depth. Clean lines – from the furniture to décor pieces – further enhance the design with a modern touch.
Interior Designer: Gusto Design Build
Location: Puchong (click to save this project)
5. Keeping it simple will give your home a timeless appeal. But make it modern by playing with textures and colours – like this condo. Different wood tones give this home a more contemporary look rather than just sticking to one tone which can get a little bit boring. Opt for a pop of colour or throw in some plants for freshness.
Interior Designer: Moonlit Inspiration
Location: Kuala Lumpur (save this project)
6. A great example of why natural materials and basic colours are the best when it comes to timeless interior design! This home’s features like cement floors, industrial-like finishing and a mostly grey palette help create a look that is both timeless and trendy at the same time. A minimalist approach in using the space further enhances the beauty of this home.
Interior Designer: Nevermore Design
Location: Latitude Condo (save this project)
7. One way to make your home look timeless? Stay away from trends. Take cue from this condo where the homeowner sticks to a classic look with natural wood and a white palette. Though he makes it modern with easy-to-change small décor items like the feature lights.
Interior Designer: Up Creations
Location: Ara Damansara (save this project)
8. What we love about this timeless home? Its approach to using muted colours as a way to create a home that’s timeless and at the same time artsy. The neutral palette creates a timeless elegance but small details like clean lines in the light fixtures and patterned pillows give it a modern approach. It’s about mixing up a timeless style with a few trendy pieces that give it a genuinely beautiful effect.
Interior Designer: Dot Works
Location: Li Villas (save this project)
Now, you can own a beautiful home too!
We can connect you with interior firms who can help to do a similar style. Send in your request here and we will handpick a list of firms that fit your budget and style.Want more more useful renovation tips? Download the Qanvast app here. Save your favourite images, discover new home products or simply read up on handy hacks that will aid your renovation journey!