To proceed with your renovation plans during the MCO period, opt for contactless consultations, and move your meetings online.
It's True - Dark Colours Make Your Home Look Classy and Elegant
Dark homes have an allure that can’t be beat thanks to its inherent drama and richness. When done in the right measure, darker décor themes can be brilliantly urbane, sexy, and sophisticated!
Here are 6 homes with dark and daring décor themes that are sure to pique your shadowy interests!
1. When it comes to dark homes, balance is everything! And this perfectly poised and refined modern home is a prime example of how dark tones coupled with lighter hues can make for a truly elegant outcome!
Interior Firm: X Dimension
2. Darker tones are almost naturally more dramatic and effortlessly cool, but don't forget to add layered lighting or your home may appear dank and depressing. However, with an apt mix of ambient, accent, and task lighting as demonstrated by this cool modern-contemporary condo; the result is pure class!
Interior Firm: Nu Infinity – Kuala Lumpur
3. Deep dark, natural décor styles can cast both an incredibly cosy and sophisticated appearance when combined! For instance, this condo is perfectly homey and still utterly refined with the addition of darker natural materials in furniture, countertops, feature pieces, and soft furnishings.
Interior Firm: Sachi Interior Design
4. Larger homes and open-concept layouts often benefit from darker décor themes as it tends to visually ‘fill’ expansive spaces and reduce perceived sparseness. In this upscale city condo, the cautiously darker décor theme brings a wealth of depth even with only a few dim-toned features e.g. accent furniture, counter bases, and doors.
Interior Firm: Hoe & Yin Design Studio
5. Darker themes do not always have to equal dark neutrals like black or charcoal. In fact, any hue in a darker tone can be a part of the aesthetic. Just take this impeccably decorated condo, serving a rich and vibrant shade of dark décor with unique midnight blue hues. Balance out the sombre darker colours by lighter floorings and reflective mirrored walls.
Interior Firm: RK Interior Studio
6. This studio home showcases plenty of natural features in its décor, grounded by a darker base that casts the space in understated, earthy elegance. The effects of such tones often offer a subdued and comforting vibe.
Interior Firm: Millewn Designs