To proceed with your renovation plans during the MCO period, opt for contactless consultations, and move your meetings online.
These 6 Sophisticated Interiors Are Deliciously Dark
The white-on-white interior trend has been popular for long now but if you rather do something different from your new home, like go dark instead, then here are 6 homes you’d want to check out for interior design inspiration. Say hello to inky walls, moody hues and absolutely beautiful homes.
1. Dark walls can instantly transform a space, giving it a sense of industrial glamour that’s in trend these days. Take cue from this landed property and its dark feature wall in the living room for that moody ambience. A quick way to incorporate a dark interior? Go for dark-coloured heavy curtains that you can switch up whenever you feel like it. Contrast the darkness with feature lights throughout.
Interior Designer: M Innovative Builders
Location: Akira Sierra
2. Love the black feature wall in the living room that gets an artistic treatment with the black-and-white ink art to keep in theme with going dark. Choosing finishing like your curtains and furniture in darker hues – as seen in this cool condo – lets you create temporary ID styles that you can add on or completely change whenever you feel like it. Add in splices of white here and there (like décor) to shed light on the dark interior.
Interior Designer: Amorphous Design
Location: Verde Ara Damansara
3. This home is proof that black can work, provided you give it some texture instead of just a solid hue to make it interesting and artistic. Incorporating elements of wood helps to soften the impact by giving it a warm effect.
Interior Designer: IQI Concept Interior Design and Renovation
Location: Pearl Suria
Renovation Cost: RM35,000
4. This condo pairs the dark theme well with an otherwise all white interior to give it a modern and stylish look. Black is used throughout in beddings, finishing and furniture to create a seductive feel. Think textures too as this instantly adds an exquisite feel.
Interior Designer: Archiplan Interior Design
Location: Quay Side E and O Penang
Renovation Cost: RM400,000
5. This dark interior features plenty of lights and wood elements that still give it an airy feel. The mix of modern furnishings with art pieces throughout enhances its sophisticated charm.
Interior Designer: Torch Empire
Location: Kinrara Residence Ambrosia
Renovation Cost: RM550,000
6. This landed property is all about fifty shades of grey – from the textured walls to the furniture, upholstery and even the “stoned” exterior. Different materials, textures and impact give it an intense impact that is not too overbearing. White here breaks the drama monotony to give this home a cosy element.
Interior Designer: Zids Design
Location: Alma Indah Residences
Renovation Cost: RM600,000
Give Your Home A Makeover
We have just the right professionals who can help you get started. Simply drop in a quote request, and we'll match you up with 5 interior designers, based on your budget and style.For more home decor inspiration, download the Qanvast app, available on the App Store and Google Play and save your favourite images on the go!