10 Creative Space-Saving Solutions For Small Homes
Small home? No problem. No spatial dilemma is too big to tackle with these creative smart storage ideas and innovative multi-purpose furniture that will help to declutter your home, and make space where there is none.
Go For Foldable/Pull-Out Furniture
1. If space is what you lack in a small bedroom and a bed is in the way, this magical foldable bed is the only solution you need. Easy, tidy, and your sheets will never be colonised by another. Pull it down before you sleep and push it up when not in use to save precious space.
Interior Designer: I-Bridge Design
2. Say yes to this ingenious dining table now. On a normal day, it is an unassuming small counter just perfect for a small family. But when you have company over, it is able to extend out to accommodate at least ten people. This space-friendly pop-out table will solve your dining dilemma in a pinch.
Interior Designer: The Association
Location: 158 Haig Court
Hide The Clutter
3. Double your storage space with a platform bed. The platform gives plenty of storage that makes the whole bedroom set-up look amazingly clutter-free for better sleep at night.
Architect: Studio JP
Location: Telok Kurau
4. Tuck away insightly cables whether you are using phone when in bed, or leaving it to charge while you sleep. We like how this handy bedside table has a hidden compartment for your charging cables without all the mess and fuss.
Interior Designer: Dan's Workshop
Location: The Horizon
Work That Awkward Layout
5. The trouble with buying pre-made shelves and cabinets is that they can leave awkward corners and dead ends—all that space wasted! Custom make your cupboards to fit the corners like this and make your life more convenient.
Interior Designer: Imagine by SK66
Location: Defu Lane
6. With a little bit of imagination and creativity, you can make an awkward layout work to your advantage. This posh walk-in wardrobe makes great use of its awkward layout, even managing to create space for a little functional dressing table in an unwieldy setting.
Interior Designer: Lux Design
7. Got a big family? One clever way of accomodating a multi-generational family in a small apartment is to include a sofa that allows front and back seating for a great family bonding time. We like how the designer managed to carve a space for the study from the small living room.
Architect: EHKA Studio
Location: Esparina Residences
8. Make the best use of the window ledges in your home by transforming them into something that will help serve your daily needs. This makeup dresser on the window ledge is simply ingenious as it has compartments for your makeup products, and free up the need to get a dresser.
Interior Designer: Habit
If It Rotates Or Swivels, It’s Great
9. Get all the TV time you want with this novel swivel mount TV. Besides feeling like you’re edgier than the rest with this wonderful component in your living room, you can really put the TV to good use with its ability to serve two rooms.
Interior Designer: DISTINCTidENTITY
Location: Park Central @ Ang Mo Kio
10. There are days when you need privacy for work, and there are also days when you feel like having a wide, open space. Rotating panels like this lets you have the versatility in controlling how much space you need.
Interior Designer: Free Space Intent
Location: Telok Blangah
More smart solutions for small spaces
Request for a quote for a personalised list of five interior firms for free!
Plus, renovate with a peace of mind when you engage an interior firm with us. Safeguard up to $50,000 of your renovation deposits under the Qanvast Guarantee!