Your Personal Data
- your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, social media profile and logins and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any forms you may have submitted to use, or in other forms of interaction or call recordings with you;
- information about your use of Qanvast’s website and services, including cookies, IP address, but only to the extent that Qanvast may identify you from such information;
- information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/ or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we may collect your Personal Data through the following ways:
- when you sign up for an account via the website or mobile app;
- when you submit an enquiry or a quote request with us;
- when you sign up for events;
- when you sign up or redeem a promotional offer or initiatives;
- when you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you request that we contact you and/or interacted with our customer servicing team via our communication channels such as a phone call which will be recorded;
- when you choose to opt in and/or engage in services that requires validation of Personal Data such as the Qanvast Guarantee or submitting a review;
- when you submit a job application;
- when you perform an online transaction;
- when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorised representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously, but please see below on cookies.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, Qanvast collect, use, disclose and/or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to respond to your queries, requests and complaints;
- to verify your identity for the use of our goods, services (example: reviews) and transactions;
- to keep you updated on our events;
- to provide you with the goods and services which you have signed up for, including on affiliate sites;
- to push articles to you which may be relevant to you;
- to inform you of changes and developments to Qanvast policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information, including for the purposes of servicing you in relation to the products and services offered to you;
- to customise users’ experience, analyse site usage, improve and measure interest in our services;
- to conduct market research for statistical, profiling and statistical analysis for the improvement of services provided to you;
- to prevent, detect and investigate criminal acts such as money laundering and fraud, and managing other business risks;
- to comply with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities.
As part of your registration on Qanvast, you agree that you may receive certain administrative communications from Qanvast, and you will not be able to opt out of receiving such administrative communications.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Qanvast will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. While we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent, we may however disclose your personal information as follows:
- Qanvast affiliates;
- agents, contractors, data intermediaries or third party service providers who provide services, such as telecommunications, mailing, information technology, data processing, market research, storage and archival, to Qanvast;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority;
- third party reward, loyalty, privileges and co-branded programme providers;
- business partners that provides any membership services and benefits; and
- any other person in connection with the purposes set forth above.
We may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as number of users and their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites and common entry and exit points into our websites and mobile app.
We make use of “cookies” to store and track Aggregate Information about you when you enter our website(s) and mobile app. Such cookies are used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences.
Such Aggregate Information collected may be used to assist us in analysing the usage of our website(s) so as to improve your online experience with us.
Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies you may do so by changing the settings on your browser or mobile devices. However, please note that this may affect the functionality of the website(s) or mobile app.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties, such as our business partners. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites operated by third parties even though it is linked to our website(s). We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party website(s) by checking the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Some of these third party websites may be co-branded with our logo, even though they are not operated or maintained by us. Once you have left our website, you should check the applicable terms, conditions and policies of the third party website to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.
Withdrawal, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
We maintain appropriate security safeguards and practices to protect your Personal Data unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, in accordance with applicable laws.
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may also keep us informed when there are any updates to your Personal Data by contacting us directly.
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data in our possession and/or initiate the deletion of your Qanvast account and related Personal Data by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may no longer be in a position to continue to provide user benefits and services to you.
Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party, you should contact such party directly to make any queries, feedback, and access and correction requests to Qanvast.
Last revised on: 2 November 2021