10 Homes That Look Like Your Favourite Brands
Looking at other homes is just one source of inspiration if you’re looking for renovation ideas. Have you tried listing down some of your favourite brands – be it a fashion, design, or even bakery name – to identify what you love about their look?
Well-loved lifestyle establishments like Aesop, Saint Laurent, and Laduree have a distinctive visual style, and here’s how you can extract a brand's essence and interpret it into equally stylish and unique home interiors!
1. Strictly functional yet seductively chic, Aesop’s stores are designed using the finest materials in a minimalist fashion. Correspondingly, this monochromatic apartment is designed in an airy and cosy style similar to the brand’s aesthetics.
Interior designer: Habit
Location: OUE Twin Peaks
Cost of renovation: $65,000
The Island Shop
2. This home-grown brand celebrates city-island living with a style the combines luxe resort and urban cool. The same attitude is imbued into this bohemian family home that juxtaposes Nordic aesthetics with a tinge of jungalow flair.
Interior designer: Free Space Intent
Location: Pasir Ris Street
Cost of renovation: $102,000
3. A globally-minded media brand with a strong lifestyle-led voice, the Monocle is all about improving the quality of life. Just like this home, many residences featured in its magazine are slightly eclectic, filled with items that may not look cohesive, but has a unique story each. Get this look by mixing art with vintage flea market knick-knacks, and contemporary furniture with funky graphic tiles.
Interior designer: The Scientist
Location: Eastwood Green
Cost of renovation: $90,000
4. With its glossy black marble, sleek silhouettes, and black-and-white palette, this exquisite condominium apartment resembles the Saint Laurent stores designed by creative director Hedi Slimane after its rebranding. Peppered with stunning details – like its garments – this home embodies the essence of luxury without being flashy. It's the minute design details that count.
Interior designer: Third Avenue Studio
Location: Kellock Lodge
Cost of renovation: $92,000
5. Known for its simple yet well-cut everyday wear, this American brand appeals to those that want to look sharp and feel comfortable. To replicate this style, look to this urban-themed home’s polished spaces and cosy neutral colour palette.
Architect: 0932 Design Consultants
6. The ideal GQ bachelor knows how to impress, and is not afraid to indulge in life’s finer things. Instead of the conventional man cave with lazyboys and over-the-top entertainment rooms, the refined gentleman prefers a slicker flair that entails darker hues, a well-organised bedroom, and an open kitchen for entertaining.
Interior designer: Hall Interiors
Location: Duchess Road
Cost of renovation: $120,000
7. Just like local brand Benjamin Barker’s shirts, it’s all about a good fit and details that are interesting yet understated. This tailored home draws parallel to that philosophy – walls are hacked and a bedroom has been transformed into a walk-in wardrobe for personalisation. Its smart casual theme is also one that’s modern and timeless.
Architect: Studio JP
Location: Clementi Street 13
Cost of renovation: $95,000
8. On top of being affordable, IKEA’s design also combines function, quality, design, value, and sustainability. This is manifested in many forms, from clean-cut Scandinavian furniture, to quirky and colourful accessories. Bring them together, and you’ll achieve chirpy interiors like in this home!
Interior designer: Make Room
Location: Tiong Bahru
Cost of renovation: $30,000
9. You either love or hate this Spanish brand’s psychedelic prints. But if Desigual’s unconventional and experimental spirit speaks to you, don’t adhere to conventional decor themes for your home. Go ahead and mix vivid patterns with boldly-coloured walls, and use clashing styles to create visual interest. Make your own rules!
Interior designer: Poetus
Cost of renovation: $80,000
10. Fulfill all your princess fantasies with a Laduree-inspired home. The luxury French bakery is best known for their macarons, and their store interiors are equally sweet. For a similar feel, dress the home up with classical European furniture, chandeliers, and ornate wainscoting.
Interior designer: Space Vision Design
Location: Hilltop Grove
Cost of renovation: $80,000
Your turn for a home revamp!
Send us your request and we will match you with 5 trusted interior firms that can guide you on your renovation! All recommendations made by Qanvast will be protected under the Qanvast Guarantee scheme, up to S$50,000.Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and reviews of firms in Singapore. It's never too early to start your research.