Stuck with your renovation plans? Here’s how to proceed in light of the COVID-19 situation. Find out more
10 Mindblowing Airbnb-worthy Homes in Singapore
Airbnb has no doubt changed the way some people travel. Instead of hotels, travelers are checking Airbnb listings first, largely due to its affordability and homey, off the tourist track quality.
What’s more, it’s a great way to check out interesting homes that are designed with a personal touch, not just for travelers but for homeowners who are looking at designing their new home.
Here are 10 Airbnb-worth homes that met our criteria - concept, character and culture.
1. We will be very happy checking into this luxurious and spacious property. The concrete walls plus marble flooring and countertops set the stage for a relaxing environment, which is then elevated by fine art pieces and colourful furnishings.
Interior Designer: FSI
Location: Eng Kong Terrace
2. This 2-bedroom loft is sleek and sophisticated in its own right. It will make a great lodging for young couples who appreciate a stylish design that’s worthy of a prestigious neighbourhood.
Interior Designer: Lu+C Studio
Location: Loft @ Stevens (condo, 110sqm)
3. The East has a lot to offer tourists who enjoy good food and culture. This apartment lives it up by blending natural wood and contemporary furnishings into an overall industrial look, to achieve that old yet charming vibe.
Interior Designer: Three-D Conceptwerke
Location: Woo Mon Chew (condo)
4. For minimalist lovers, this flat is as austere as one can get. For one, cove lightings were used in place of the usual exposed bulbs. The homeowners didn’t even want featured walls and had no need for bulky cabinetry. This is a true role model for a clutter-free life.
Interior Designer: Dezzo
Location: Khatib (HDB, 163sqm)
5. It seems like simple living is winning urban dwellers over. With their young child in mind, the homeowners kept their living space free for playtime. Several walls were hacked away to create an open concept, and a distinctive set of tiles was used to partition the space instead.
Interior Designer: Habit
Location: Tiong Bahru (HDB, 115sqm)
6. It looks like Scandinavian homes are a favourite amongst Airbnb users. This condo apartment helps us see its appeal. Resembling more like a loft, the space is airy and café-inspired; it will definitely make a nice holiday home.
Interior Designer: The Association
Location: Haig Road (condo, 167sqm)
7. An elegant retreat for the glamourous, this entire apartment is customised and fully furnished with contemporary works. Yes, it’s swanky, but you don’t have to be an expert to admire the details.
Interior Designer: One Stop Concept
Location: Sentosa Ocean Front (condo)
8. Channeling an upscale kampong spirit, this landed property unified contemporary and heritage with good taste. It’s certainly a unique gem amongst its lush neighbourhood and beyond.
Interior Designer: Linear Space Concept
Location: Kampong Java (landed, 232sqm)
9. A bookshelf with a mix of home décor items and travel, history and arty books? That screams Airbnb all over. But what sealed the deal for us is the clever use of unique floor tiles to break the monotony of a cemented floor.
Interior Designer: M3
Location: Bukit Batok (HDB, 103sqm)
10. There may be a lot going on in this HDB flat, but everything seems to fall into its rightful place. One thing’s for sure; you will not get bored exploring this Eclectic home. In fact, you may just get lost admiring its various parts, from one-of-a-kind shelving ideas to hard-to-ignore lightings; there’s even cool surprises in the bathroom.
Interior Designer: Prozfile
Location: Woodlands (HDB, 149sqm)