10 Popular Homes For Young Couples Under $40,000
To young couples, nothing is more exciting than having a say in what you want in your new home. Opting for bolder and funkier designs that break away from the trends that dominated their parents’ generation, these ten homes in this list are a taste of the creative concepts that are popular now.
Gather and Booze
1. Play host and organise a mini party at the comfort of your own home. These Scandustrial-styled pads are a fine balance between soothing muted tones and a touch of uptown funk with industrial-styled elements.
Interior Designer: The 80's Studio
Location: Boon Lay (HDB)
Cost of renovation for entire house: $35,000
2. A Scandinavian-inspired home, the apartment’s muted tones of brown, grey and off-white work together harmoniously to create an aesthetically pleasing visual. The little bar counter behind the sofa kicks the cool factor of the apartment up a notch, making it the perfect place for young couples to invite their friends over for a drink or two.
Interior Designer: Space Factor
Location: Yuan Ching (HDB)
Cost of renovation for entire house: $23,000
3. Adulthood doesn’t mean leaving your favourite childhood character behind, and this young couple’s apartment is a testament to that. They evoke their love for Astro Boy in a fun yet tastefully modern manner by going for a minimalistic colour scheme that complements the design of Astro Boy. Their selective home accents also enhance the chic, clutter-free vibe of the apartment with clever storage solutions.
Interior Designer: Wolf Woof
Location: Woodlands (condo)
Cost of renovation for entire house: $30,000
4. Go industrial with chic metallic elements such as exposed pipe lighting, cool hanging lights with intricate wirework and TV consoles with that extra special edge. The white walls soften the grungy effect of the apartment, but also make it stand out at the same time.
Interior Designer: Free Space Intent
Location: Hougang (condo)
Cost of renovation of entire house: $35,000
5. Black is a popular colour choice in many industrial-themed homes, and it can be reflected in the little elements around the house. From the rustic dining table with dark metallic legs to the black frames of the windows, it adds a dash of grittiness to the house. The decorative yet functional industrial pipe bookshelf will spice up any industrial inspired home.
Interior Designer: Versaform
Location: Buangkok (condo)
Cost of renovation for entire house: $30,000
6. Throw mundanity out of the window by going eclectic! We love how the funky sofa adds a bright pop of colour into the monochromatic-themed living room. The cheeky wall decoration pieces also serve as a fun conversation topic during dinner parties.
Interior Designer: Studio 99
Location: Yishun (HDB)
Cost of renovation for entire house: $48,000
7. Flip things about and defy design norms by going for a unique wood panelled ceiling instead of floor. To amplify the coolly sophisticated vibe of this eclectic house, go for furnishings in dark colours or glass, and throw in a bold Aztec-inspired carpet to break the monotony of the sleek white tiled floor.
Interior Designer: Hue Concept
Location: Upper Serangoon Cresent (HDB)
Cost of renovation for entire house: $20,000
Rest & Relax
8. A minimalistic apartment is perfect for couples who prefer something fuss-free, yet pleasant to come home to. Keep your furnishings simple, but play with colours and patterns to inject a dash of personality into your living space. This couple’s little balcony space with a faux grass wall and adorable potted plants evokes the serenity of nature in a modern apartment.
Interior Designer: Wee Studio
Location: Yishun (condo)
Cost of renovation for entire house: $15,000
9. Young couples who love clean-cut and no-frills designs should draw inspiration from this minimalist apartment. The apartment has a comfortable, airy feel and the white walls can also be dressed up or down, depending on your mood. We love the effortless vibe that this house exudes, from its simple colour palette to timeless furniture pieces.
Interior Designer: DB Studio
Location: Fernvale (HDB)
Cost of renovation of entire house: $40,000
10. Keeping it clean and classy is this couple’s industrial-minimalist home. The timeless colours of grey and white exudes a cool vibe without being overly cold with the lack of furnishings.
Interior Designer: Spire ID
Location: Punggol Field (HDB)
Cost of renovation of entire house: $23,000
If you need someone to create a dream space you love, here's how Qanvast can help. We have tons of cool interior ideas of Singapore homes on Qanvast and you can request quotes from trusted home professionals who can work magic on your home.Download the free Qanvast app for a smooth renovation journey!