13 Unique Homes In Dawson That Raised The Bar For Public Housing
One of Singapore’s most forward-looking BTO public housing developments, Dawson's SkyVille and SkyTerrace are designed with green living in mind, and offers apartments with unique configurations. These include studio apartments and loft units on top of the usual three- to five-room flats. We take a peek into these thirteen homes, and see how the occupants redesigned their coveted units.
Note: Plenty of big and small space decorating ideas to steal!
SkyVille @ Dawson
1. The union of dark timber panels and grey undertones imbue the home with a sleek and posh drama that impresses and soothes at the same time. Having the same narrative carried throughout the kitchen and bedrooms was also key to achieve the polished touch.
Interior Designer: KDOT Associates
Cost of renovation: $80,000
2. This make-up artiste’s home was wonderfully personalised to meet both her space-saving and professional needs. She requested for a make-up counter to serve her clients at home, and the designers cleverly designed one that could be tucked away into the living room’s feature wall when not in use.
Interior Designer: Design Chapterz
Cost of renovation: $38,000
3. Warm and cosy, with a timeless interior design approach, these interiors can grow with the family over the next decade. The neutral scheme is extremely adaptable, and can be updated with new furniture or a different wall colour to uplift the existing design effortlessly.
Interior Designer: The Scientist
Cost of renovation: $48,000
4. While the rule of thumb is to avoid dark colours for small spaces, the secret to working moodier shades nicely into tighter areas is balance. Here, the heavier aesthetics of industrial furniture and dark, textural floors are offset by the plain white walls (built-in features lead to visual clutter), creating a living room that’s chic rather than cramped.
Interior Designer: Space Concepts
5. Inspired by the old-world glamour of Europe but interpreted in a contemporary manner, this apartment sees classic elements such as chesterfield sofas and wainscoted cabinets and walls delightfully mixed with graphic floor tiles and quirky furnishings. This ended up in a unique space that’s brimming with delightful eclecticism!
Interior Designer: Thom Signature
Cost of renovation: $40,000
6. Natural materials are spotlighted here, with solid wood furniture and wood-look surface materials for the built-in cabinets to cosy up the different portions. The variety of textures and differing shades of browns create a cohesive yet distinct flavour for each area.
Interior Designer: Superhome
Cost of renovation: $28,000
SkyTerrace @ Dawson
7. The curation of idiosyncratic furniture, accessories, and artwork set this HDB flat apart from its neighbours. The home feels fun and upbeat thanks to its warm colour palette, and its refreshing mix of industrial and retro aesthetics.
Interior Designer: Fuse Concept
Cost of renovation: $70,000
8. By keeping it bright and unfussy, this studio apartment seems larger than it really is! Peppering the space with trendy features like the incomplete brick wall, industrial shelf, and platform bed also ensure that style is not compromised when maintaining a simple approach for this 52sqm home.
Interior Designer: 82
Cost of renovation: $36,000
9. The fuss-free and practical interior design scheme for this family home has just the right amount of furniture and storage that’s necessary, allowing the compact apartment to breathe and seem more spacious.
Interior Designer: Hue Concept
Cost of renovation: $40,000
10. By sticking to muted colours such as black, grey, brown, and white, this family home maintains a consistent look despite having different design styles for each room. The children’s bedroom is transformed into a fun, practical, yet super chic space for two, while the parents’ bedroom is elegant and romantic.
Interior Designer: Design 4 Space
Cost of renovation: $60,000
11. The occupants wanted a home that made them feel as if they were on a permanent staycation, so the designers modelled the renovation after hotel suites! This apartment oozes exclusivity, and ticks all the right boxes with the classy living and dining room, luxurious bathroom, plush bed, and sexy walk-in wardrobe.
Interior Designer: Mr Shopper Studio
Cost of renovation: $100,000
12. The ample use of browns here enables the voluminous space to feel snug despite the soaring ceiling. Having built-in storage compartments to conceal clutter also help create a sleek, rather than overstuffed appearance for the smaller areas in the home.
Interior Designer: D’Planner
Cost of renovation: $38,000
13. As the jaw-dropping gorgeous living room owes much of its beauty to the double-height volume, things were kept simple in order not to draw too much attention away from the main feature. Functionality rules the open-concept common area, which just has a few arresting pieces such as the patterned rug for a modern touch.
Interior Designer: Dyel Design
Cost of renovation: $37,000
Hiring the right designer can turn your flat from blah to great. If you are to renovate within the next six months, we can help you to match with 5 interior firms based on your design style and budget. Send in your request here and we will match you for free!Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and even reviews of more than 200 designers on the go!