Whether Little Junior is coming your way or you are looking to do up your home for a small family, these home designs are great examples of how to live comfortably and harmoniously.
Go Big On Storage
1. Mess is inevitable when you have kids. Instead of having toys and books strewn on the floor, have ample storage solutions and keep your home tidy.
In this Yishun condominium, the heavy wood accents are balanced out by bright colours, which serve to distract the bulky furniture around the house.
Interior Designer: Versaform
Location: The Estuary @ Yishun (condo, 121sqm)
Cost of renovation: $48,000
A Muted Palette
2. Classic neutrals with a tinge of playfulness emanates from this room. We like how the wall sticker and furniture can be easily replaced when Junior grows older, and it is flexible enough to change the look of the room to fit into the resort theme in the main hall.
Interior Designer: Chapter One
Location: Strathmore Avenue (HDB, 130sqm)
Cost of renovation: $34,000
3. Instead of simply slapping on a Disney-themed wallpaper in your kids room, learn from this home where kid's room can look equally cool. Plus, it’s a good transition to a more muted room design when Junior grows up.
Interior Designer: Third Avenue Studio
Location: Derbyshire (condo, 120sqm)
Cost of renovation: $60,000
Blend With The Main Theme
4. A fine example of adhering to the grown-up theme: A classic look that one can never go wrong, the spacious layout allows social interaction among family members and kids to run around. Plus, the neutral colour palette also emits a cohesive vibe.
Interior Designer: The Refuge Design Studio
Location: Joo Chiat (condo, 121sqm)
Cost of renovation: $59,000
5. Geometry and colours are abundance in this spacious home - perfect for a happy and cheerful family who loves gathering and spending time together.
Interior Designer: Prozfile
Location: East Coast Road (condo, 141sqm)
Cost of renovation: $170,000
For more ideas on how to achieve your dream home, download the Qanvast app. Thousands of local interior ideas are available, plus you get to read the reviews of other homeowners's review and get the renovation breakdown.The app can be downloaded free on App Store and Google Play.