6 Homes for Effortless, Everyday Life
Your home is your sanctuary, which is why it is paramount that it is designed in a way that makes you eager to return to it every day. With that said, it doesn’t mean that a home is only worth coming back to if it has fancy features and gadgets. These six homes prove that with simple, functional pieces, it is possible to create a unique, liveable space that enables you to enjoy home life to the fullest.
1. Inject a dose of dreamy nostalgia into your home by keeping it simple with light wood accents and rattan furnishings that take us back to the 90s. The plain white wall acts as a great base for the soft-coloured furnishings to create a home that looks both comfortable and inviting.
Interior designer: Authors Interior and Styling
2. To make a home come alive with personality, all you need is one key feature. The false TV wall in a mysterious, marbled print helps to set an evocative mood for the rest of the house. Dial up the grit factor with textured rugs and dark washes of colours.
Interior designer: Chapter One Interior Design
3. You don’t need a lot of furniture to make an apartment feel like home, and this apartment proves exactly that. Sparse but managing to look effortlessly pulled together, this home achieves that with select pieces of furniture that pop with fun colours and patterns. Simplicity need not always mean boring, because there is a world of colours and patterns at your fingertips!
Interior designer: D5 Studio Image
4. Channel a little bit of that rustic countryside vibe with faux red bricks and wooden table tops. To make it really feel like a homely cabin in the woods, keep the decorative accents simple, such as with spice racks and potted wildflowers.
Interior designer: The Local INN.terior
5. Turn your floor into a work of art by playing around with patterned tiles and solid colours, because this home shows that both can work wonderfully together. What we especially love is how the teal cupboard immediately draws the eye because it screams to be noticed amidst the other no-nonsense pieces of furniture in the living room.
Interior designer: Studio Fortyfour
6. Create the ultimate hipster enclave by blending elements of both Scandinavian and industrial design, with pop art colours and furniture pieces in playful patterns. Prop a large framed picture of your choice (could be a quote or your favourite comic book scene) against the wall and your home is ready to trend on Instagram.
Interior designer: Jubilee Interior
Get The Look
Visit IKEA.sg to see more.
Exclusively for UOB Cardmembers, stand to win an IKEA living room makeover worth S$10,000! Every $50 spent from 1 Sep to 31 Oct 2017 on your UOB Card gives you one chance to win. Terms and conditions apply. Visit www.uob.com.sg/shopping for full details.
This article is done in collaboration with UOB and IKEA.
Looking to renovate?
Whatever your personality or style, the right interior designer can bring your favourite home ideas to life. Request for a quote here, and get matched with 5 interior designers, based on your budget and style.Want more local home ideas? Download the Qanvast app here. Save your favourite images, discover new home products or simply read up on handy renovation tips to aid you on your renovation journey.