7 Popular Colour Palettes for Your Home
What are some of the colours that are popular in many homes now? In this article, we present 7 gorgeous homes with colour palettes that are all the rage these days, and learn how the homeowners make these understated colours work for their home.
Light Grey + Beige + Dark Grey
1. Sticking to a clean colour palette primarily consisting of shades of off-white, grey and brown, this minimalist home keeps its woodsy ambience going with the rustic wooden furniture and charming little pots of succulents.
Interior designer: LU+C
Location: Yishun (condo)
Cost of Renovation: $20,000
Brown + Concrete Grey + Charcoal
2. From the grungy feature wall with gritty texture in the living room to the dark wooden cabinets in the kitchen, this apartment melds wood with interesting grain and a simple colour scheme to bring out the industrial theme.
Interior designer: Wee Studio
Location: Tampines (condo)
Cost of Renovation: $65,000
3. Modern with just a hint of retro, we love how airy and spacious this apartment feels. Not only are its home accents timeless and classic, the muted colour scheme evokes nostalgia for the past and the playful chalkboard wall takes us back to schooldays of yesteryears.
Interior designer: Space Atelier
Location: Dunearn (condo)
Cost of Renovation: $98,000
4. This Scandinavian home keeps it simple and clean with a subtle colour palette and keeping the furnishings to the bare essentials. The kitchen simply looks quaint with the faux wood tiled wall, while the exposed pipe lighting running through the house helps to unify the look of the house.
Interior designer: Third Avenue Studio
Location: Tampines (HDB)
Cost of Renovation: $70,000
Dark and Edgy
Black + Grey
5. Sleek is a word that comes to mind when one peeks into this condo. Varying shades of grey, brown and black dominate, but work harmoniously in an understated manner to amplify the chic vibe of the house. The living room partition with an eye-catching geometric design is a show stealer for sure.
Interior designer: Habit
Location: UE Square Residence (condo)
Cost of Renovation: $65,000
6. Looking more like a hipster café than an apartment, this youthful and contemporary apartment’s colour palette is so basic that it hurts. Keeping to mostly black and grey, the dark edgy ambience is heightened by the ceiling spotlights, decorative graphic art pieces and bare stripped down walls.
Interior designer: Edge Interior
Location: Serangoon (HDB)
Cost of Renovation: $49,000
The Classic Pairing
White + Cream + Dark Brown
7. Black and brown make the perfect pair, and together they make a statement in this landed property. They manifest in bold yet complementary ways around the house, proving that this colour combination is simple yet capable of making a strong impact.
Interior designer: Spire Id
Location: Lorong Stangee (landed)
Cost of renovation: $150,000