7 Practical Ideas That'll Make Your Home Practically Perfect
A space isn’t perfected until it's utilitarian too.
When it comes to designing your home, functionality matters... especially when you’re dealing tight spaces. But don’t worry, we have your back covered. Here are 7 useful design solutions that make practical living possible in every part of your home!
1. Your compact shoe rack works well enough to keep your collection away but have you ever considered outfitting part of your hallway in hard-wearing alternatives? Not only can you store your shoes on the demarcated area (yay, no more stale odours), you can use wood look-a-likes or graphic tiles to really make it pop!
Interior Firm: Aestherior
Interior Firm: Charlotte's Carpentry
2. Or suspend your built-ins! This creates a space between the floor and the cabinet where you can store your shoes. Since it’s an open nook, your favourite pairs are within easy reach whenever you’re heading out!
Interior Firm: Project Guru
Interior Firm: Adroit ID
3. The next time you’re thinking of cabinets for the home, think of constructing them in ways where you have special shelves and storage areas for your knick-knacks like keys and letters. This way, everything has a designated area in your home and you won’t end up looking for them all the time. Plus, it helps with keeping the home organised and tidy.
Interior Firm: MET Interior
4. Narrow space in your living room? Consider investing in dual-purpose furniture. Take this marble console for instance – the detachable top doubles as a bench! Use as is to keep your clutter stashed away and take it out when there are guests over. Functional and stylish? It’s a definite win (and an absolute must-have)!
Interior Firm: Rockin Spaces
5. First, think of the spaces in the home you wish to highlight or work zones that require the additional light, then outfit them with pendant lamps, track lights or spotlights!
Interior Firm: The Local INN.terior
Interior Firm: The Makers Design Studio
6. The one place that can really benefit from space planning is the kitchen. There are a few things to consider with the first being the arrangement of your appliances. This will affect the placement of your powerpoints and countertops. Next, use the leftover space to build storage areas to keep your kitchenware organised!
Interior Firm: Fifth Avenue Interior
Interior Firm: ELPIS Interior Design
7. Don’t overlook the placement of your router! In fact, it’s best to place it in the centre of the house free from walls, cabinets and other bulky furniture for faster access. Pick out the best possible spot in your home prior to doing your electrical works. This way, it’ll give you plenty of time to find ways to hide those messy cords from view.
Interior Firm: D Initial Concept
Interior Firm: Happe Design Atelier
Get answers to your renovation problems
Style aside, there are many practical considerations to be made during your renovation journey. At Qanvast, we match you with 5 interior designers based on your renovation requirements so that you get to realise your dream home.
Plus, get exclusive perks (a Philips Home Starter Pack worth $400, a Voucher Kit and more) now when you engage a Qanvast-approved interior designer. Click here for more details!