Bright, airy and spacious – that’s the cool effect that white has on your home. If you want that instant wow factor for your home, go with lots of white like these eight stunning homes that get our approval for their whitewashed styles.
1. White from ceiling to floor, this four-bedder townhouse is a prime example of how the basic hue can instantly make your home look classier and more sophisticated. The homeowner opted for a rustic feel with wooden elements that break up the white monotony. We particularly love the exposed white bricks for that vintage industrial feel.
Interior Designer: In Expat
Location: Watten Estate
Cost of Renovation: $200,000
2. What always works with white? Light wood to create a home that’s comfortable, inviting and cosy. Just like this three-bedroom HDB with an open-layout concept that resembles the interiors of modern Japanese homes. And with lots of natural light filtering in, this home is perfect in our list.
Interior Designer: Posh Home
Location: Clementi Ave 4
Cost of Renovation: $45,000
3. This all-white home invokes a sense of tranquility and calm; the perfect retreat! Adorn it with key pieces that'll stand out against a beautiful white canvas - perhaps stylish lights that'll stand out against an all-white backdrop?
Interior Designer: 82
Location: Citylife @ Tampines
4. Nothing says perfectly white like a white-on-white Scandinavian design. This condo is all about that with classy white touches in all the right places. Designer furniture gives it a boutique hotel feel while simplicity in décor creates a minimalist vibe.
Interior Designer: Lemonfridge Studio
Location: The Amore
Cost of Renovation: $25,000
5. The benefits of embracing an all-white home certainly become apparent in this soothing and pristine 3 bedroom apartment that adds dashes of colour for some visual dynamism. In the bedroom, a subtle nuance gives the space a sultry yet calming appeal.
Interior Designer: LS2 Design & Construction
Cost of Renovation: $84,700
6. Consider layering whites in different tones (warmer, creamy off-whites with ultra whites) to create a home that’s cosy, warm and inviting. Use patterns, textures and light fixtures for depth and personality – as seen in the living room and bedrooms.
Interior Designer: The Orange Cube
Cost of Renovation: $23,000
7. This home proves all-white definitely isn't boring! Pairing white with warmer tones like beige furnishing and black retro tiles gives the space a bold juxtaposition, while a wall-length mirror in the kitchen creates the illusion of space.
Interior Designer: Third Avenue Studio
Location: Kellock Lodge
Cost of Renovation: $92,000