The wide range of interior design styles these days is enough to make anyone dizzy. How about going back to the uncomplicated basics that look good in any home? Check out these modern homes that look amazing with clean colour palettes and simple designs, and dare we say will never go out of style.
1. Light, neutral shades are pleasing to the eye and easy to pull off. Most importantly, they are also classic colours that can withstand the test of time. Throw in quirky décor items and your prized guitar collection and you have a home that is unqiuely yours.
Interior Designer: OMUS Living
Location: Senja Road
Cost of renovation: $18,000
2. There are two looks that will never get old in this wonderfully creative apartment. One is the grungy, garage workshop feel of the living room that is brought out by the black shelving unit and lights; the other is dominated by pure white goodness with a gentle explosion of geometric tiles for some urban pizzazz.
Interior designer: Ad. I. Wrks
Location: The Anchorage
Cost of renovation: $70,000
3. Soft grey and brown tones work gorgeously together in this apartment that looks too cosy for words. It is perfect for homeowners who value comfort and sensibility, without having to compromise some time for relaxation and fun. The inviting lounge chairs at the balcony are perfect for curling up with a good book on lazy afternoons.
Interior designer: 82
Location: Parkland Residence (Upper Serangoon)
Cost of renovation: $52,000
4. Why not introduce some texture into your apartment with a brick feature wall? They are gaining popularity as a basic staple in many modern homes for their magnetic European appeal. The darkly contemporary dining area possesses a playful devil-may-care attitude that will never lose its charm, no matter the decade.
Interior designer: LU+C
Location: Strathmore Avenue
Cost of renovation: $68,000
5. What’s great about furniture with skinny legs is that they give the apartment a visually light and modern appearance. Besides feeling like the sofa you’re seated on is floating in mid-air, legs simply make everything look more graceful and chic. The dining table that expands from the cooking counter is ingeniously perfect for space-saving homes.
Interior designer: The Association
Location: 158 Haig Court
Cost of renovation: $80,000
6. A book display case that also houses your TV? Talk about killing two birds with one stone! This spacious living room has a barely any furnishings look that any lover of minimalism can appreciate. The natural light that reaches in through the glass balcony doors bounces off the apartment’s clean white walls and sleek polished surfaces, keeping it bright and luminous.
Interior designer: Dyel Design
Location: 1 Newton
Cost of renovation: $30,000
7. This apartment has the blend of nature-meets-modernity down pat, a concept that will always be popular in many homes. The wooden elements and little pots of plants give it an au natural treehouse vibe, but modernity comes swinging in on the exposed wire lights and wash of cool, stony hues.
Interior designer: Free Space Intent
Location: Ghim Moh Link
Cost of renovation: $40,000
All the interior design ideas you need are on the Qanvast app. Download the free app today to browse hundreds of interior designers’ portfolios and send in a quotation request to get connected with 5 trusted interior designers.The app can be downloaded free on Google Play and the App Store.