A Suite Life: 7 Homes That Look Better Than Luxury Hotels
Staycations are the perfect (read: insta-worthy) excuse to gather and have fun with loved ones. But the downside of things? Definitely the hefty price tag... Or the fact that the hottest stays are often booked way in advance. So, here’s a long-term solution - why not build a home that looks straight out of a hotel suite? While you won’t have a million-dollar view or a concierge to serve you hand and foot, you’ll always have a place to get away, any day.
1. Old-world charm meets contemporary cool here, as classic accents – from the shaker-style cabinet fronts to the brushed metal lights – are paired with clean, minimal built-ins. Topped with a dusky palette of blacks, navy blues alongside glitzy finishes like marble tops and reflective mosaic tiles, the result is a dark and dramatic abode, reminiscent of suites in the Ann Siang House.
Interior Firm: Hall Interiors
2. If we could add this achingly hip open-concept HDB (which reminds us a bit of The Warehouse Hotel) in our staycation wishlists – we would. We especially love the liberal use of matte black and grey surfaces here, paired with natural elements (e.g. wood, cement screed, metals) for a look that’s sleek and edgy at the same time. And let’s not forget that striking turquoise shade – a welcome surprise tucked behind a hidden door.
Interior Firm: Dan's Workshop
3. For most of us, the highlight of any hotel suite is definitely the bed. And this sumptuous bedroom is definitely up with the big boys – dark neutrals, plush fabrics (read: that cushy headboard and satin sheets) and well-positioned lighting create an ultra-posh pad that wouldn’t look out of place the Intercontinental. The rest of the space doesn’t disappoint as well, as clean, concealed built-ins and luxurious finishes accentuate the home’s modern-luxe aesthetic.
Interior Firm: Mr. Shopper Studio
4. Turkish carpets, arabesque patterns and a healthy dose of golds – this extravagantly decorated HDB is giving boutique hotels like The Sultan a serious run for their money. No detail is spared, whether it’s the grand latticed dashboard/partition, corridor skylights, or the use of various patterned tiles for major visual impact.
Interior Firm: Fatema Design Studio
5. Nailing the coastal look down pat, we can definitely picture this whitewashed abode moonlighting as a luxury villa in Ubud, Bali or the Maldives! Bright and welcoming, ocean inspired hues and accent pieces help to play up that seaside vibe. And most breathtaking of all, the airy master bedroom – with wood paneling and double doors that open up to the balcony – is a sight straight out of a travel magazine.
Interior Firm: Schemacraft
6. Every girls’ dream sleepover space - this ‘pretty’ apartment is an insta-worthy shot in every corner, much like this trendy female-only boutique hotel in Kyoto! Pastels, pinks and rosy copper accents add a girlish charm to the space, alongside plush furniture, cushions and throws for a hint of cosy. Meanwhile, marbled accents and cove lights lend an elegant air, for an abode that looks more hotel than hostel.
Interior Firm: Fuse Concept
7. Much like Wanderlust Hotel’s contemporary (yet quirky) themed rooms, a different vibe greets you as you traverse through each space in this condo! The living room is an airy, vibrant affair, featuring brightly coloured furniture and artwork; the study room takes on an arresting look, with electric blue walls and a rock-climbing wall face. And as you walk towards the master bedroom and bath, the theme changes once again – with muted neutrals and natural materials creating a tranquil cove perfect for relaxing in.
Interior Firm: Bowerman
Love seeing more local home ideas? We've got them all in our Qanvast app! Get the free app from App Store and Google Play. and start saving ideas on the go! Or, follow us @qanvast on Instagram for daily inspiration, guides and more.