8 Brilliant Storage Designs so That You Can Collect More
The feel of smooth leather on a new bag. The fresh pages of a new book. We can’t get enough of it and we know some of you can’t stop collecting them too. But really, what happens when things start accumulating? The last thing you want is to leave branded bags or first edition copies (both are expensive!) lying around the home.
Before you have a major spill, it’s best to keep your precious collectibles out of harm’s way. That’s why we’ve put together a list of 8 stylish storage solutions fit for your grand selection!
Interior firm: GB Interior Design
1. Let your collection of bags do the talking. Store them in an understated, simple space and install some spotlights in the display. Turn the lights on for added dramatic effect and wow your guests when they come over!
Interior firm: ARK-hitecture
2. The avant-garde has pretty much been synonymous with haute couture. Go outside of the box (or in this case, your display) and draw inspiration from your set of bags! Lean away from the conventional sleek racks, think inlaid shelves with a pop of colour.
Interior firm: Prozfile
3. Not all homeowners will be blessed with an area big enough for a walk-in wardrobe. Work around space constraints by making full use of nooks and crannies: fashion a unique storage solution by installing or inlaying shelves on the corners of your walls.
Interior firm: Meter Square
4. Speaking of ingenious storage solutions, did you know that your raised platforms can double as your display unit? Swap out your opaque cubbies for glass ones. Sure, you may have to sacrifice the whole ‘seamless’ look but hey, it’s still a win if you get to showcase your collection.
Interior firm: Our Interior
5. For those with an armada of books, why not emulate a comics store? Or rather, the shelving system that the stores have. Work multiple layers of bookshelves into your home and have them roll aside when you need access to the pool of books in the rear.
Here’s an additional tip: be doubly sure that the material you choose can hold the weight of all those novels – the last thing you want is for your units to give way under the load, that’ll be too much of a hassle to clean up!
Interior firm: The Roomakers
6. Don’t let your bookmarked home and décor ideas go to waste. Take cues from your saved inspirations and replicate them, like this set of open and minimalistic shelves.
Interior firm: Colourbox Interior
7. Embrace the inner hoarder in you with a full-fledged library. Mix and match shelves of various heights and widths to give it an offbeat style for added visual effect. House art and other memorabilia in the extra spaces too.
Interior firm: PROVOLK ARCHITECTS
8. No space for a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf? No problem! Hanging bookshelves work just as well – better yet, set and angle them like so to free up your hallway.
Interior firm: AD. I. WRKS
Meet interior designers. Enjoy perks. Get quotes from reliable interior firms, recommended based on your requirements. Enjoy perks as part of the Qanvast Trust Programme. Get Free Quotes