8 Clever Minibar Ideas to Get Your Home Party Going!
Say cheers to these intoxicating home bars!
Setting up a home bar may seem like an intimidating endeavour, but all it takes is just a bit of space, planning and a cocktail or two to transform your space into an ultra-cool entertaining den. Whether you’re throwing a big party for your next special-occasion affair or simply organising a casual get-together with friends, these ingenious minibar ideas will make you ditch happy hour for a sip-worthy good time within the comfort of your own home.
Double duty tricks to make the bar work in a small space
1. Don’t let the lack of space cramp your style! Check out these compact kitchens that do double duty to help you make the most of whatever limited square footage you have. Case in point: This marble-clad kitchen island that not only functions as a food prep area, but also doubles as the ideal gathering spot where one can create open conversations with family and friends.
Interior Firm: Lemonfridge Studio
2. For homes that are really short on space, consider combining your kitchen island and dining table into one all-purpose hybrid for added functionality. A breakfast nook by day and bar counter by night, this versatile configuration makes it great for both casual dining and formal settings. We also love how it’s designed to blend in seamlessly with the kitchen scheme so there’s no visual discontinuity.
3. For the merry-goers who have a thing for hidden bars and speakeasies, here’s an inconspicuous way to keep your precious home bar concealed from plain sight, especially if you have children. Installing built-in cabinets, shelves or racks allows you to keep alcohol safely stashed away and out of reach of young, curious hands. Plus, it saves a ton of space when in cabinet form!
4. We’ve all had that panicked moment when unexpected dinner guests show up at your door. With its innovative design, this extendable counter solution can be pulled out for additional space to accommodate all your guests, and then easily stowed away when not in use. Neat or what?
Interior Firm: Couple Abode
5. When in doubt, go up! A wall-mounted shelving unit can easily transform just about any sliver of unused wall space into a sleek display and storage zone – which will look stunning in an industrial-styled home. Not only is it a nifty way to show off your booze, it can also be utilised as a compact bar area where you can sip your tipples in style.
Interior Firm: Ethereall
Decked out home bars for next-level entertaining
6. Fancy something more eye-catching? Turn your otherwise ho-hum TV feature wall into a swanky bar setup that is sure to be the conversation starter at your next gathering. This unconventional idea offers plenty of storage to house your finest collection of liquors, without taking up a smidge of floor room. Use the additional shelf space to store other accessories and knick-knacks.
Interior Firm: The Scientist
7. If you’re one of those who takes hosting seriously, this contemporary kitchen will be right up your alley. Featuring an open-concept layout that overlooks the balcony, it comes bathed in an abundance of natural light which makes the space look even more bright and expansive. At the heart of it, is a sprawling island where the homeowners worked in extra seating to create a restaurant-style ambience.
8. Or if you’re a true wine connoisseur, you may want more than just a simple cart to serve up your concoctions. Channel your inner home bartender by building a full dedicated bar, complete with luxe ambient lights and ample storage compartments to hold everything with ease. Have a little more space to spare? You can even install a wine cooler to keep your favourite bottles at the ideal temperature.
And you’re now ready to sip the night away!
Raise the bar with better renovation ideas!
Tell us about your renovation plans to get you quick, personalised renovation quotes from five local interior design firms, for free!
Also, when you engage an interior firm through our free recommendation service, you’ll enjoy attractive perks, such as discounts from our Qanvast voucher kit, and the Qanvast Guarantee – a free scheme that safeguards up to $50,000 of your renovation deposits.