You have spent years and perhaps even a small fortune collecting things that you hold dear: magazines, books, bags, toys, shoes, records or trophies. They’re quite simply, a part of you. To others, it might seem like a waste of space, but the immense joy you get from displaying your work, keeping them in tip-top condition and watching your collection grow is priceless.
Here are some of the best showcase ideas we’ve seen to help you display your collection at home with love and pride!
1. Soft toys for her, guitars from him. When two hobbies and obsessions collide, you need an entire room for display! Guitars are professionally mounted on the wall to keep them safely off the floor, while customized glass cabinets with plentiful shelving keep the couple’s soft toys and figurines easily visible but free from dreaded dust.
Interior Designer: NeuKonceptz
2. It’s one thing to show your love for Star Wars in a collection, and another to design your home to the theme! Using space age mod elements inspired from the movie series, this pad is seriously rocking. We love the lighting feature in the living room and the futuristic bar stools. Of course, no Star Wars fan is complete without a respectable collection of movie memorabilia, and here, there’s a walk-in display of lovingly kept items that no doubt gives its owner endless hours of joy.
Interior Designer: Aiden-T
3. A toy collection certainly goes a long way in adding personality and colour to your home, and this home does it right. From the rustic and rugged feature display shelving along the corridor, to the surprising and delightful corners where each toy has found its own little space to occupy in the home.
Interior Designer: D5 Studio Image
4. Book lovers will salivate over this massive bookcase that doubles up as a feature wall. Variable shelf sizes keep the display geometrically interesting while functional for different book sizes – from short poems to design compendiums. Centrally positioned in the hub of the house, all it takes is an arm’s reach to enjoy a refreshing read anytime.
Interior Designer: Dyel Design
5. The sports medals and trophies you’ve amassed in your fitter days deserve a prominent display. So are the books that have fed your soul over the years along with the mementos you’ve picked up throughout your travels in life. An ample shelf in a cosy corner of the house becomes your personal haven, a reminder of the rich and colourful inner life that you have led.
Interior Designer: Linear Space Concepts
6. In a posh and stately home such as this, the rules of display are about refinement, understatement and discretion. Rather than cramping the owner’s artifacts and collectibles chock-a-block in a single space, there is a fine appreciation of space and storytelling in the arrangement, akin to displaying art in a museum or gallery.
7. Purely for the toy and figurine fanatics, prominent glass shelving and display cabinets with an industrial edge house the colourful and collectible figurines throughout this drool-worthy pad.
Interior Designer: The Association
8. Vinophiles need not hide their enthusiasm for the ‘Drink of the Gods’. This owner has an interesting yet space-saving solution to store all that bottles of vintage labels – in a hidden raised platform in the living room! How convenient, and totally chic too. Cheers!
Interior Designer: Distinct Identity
Like these cool interesting display storage ideas? Save these ideas down onto the Qanvast app! The Qanvast app has tons of interesting and practical ideas from homes on our little red dot. If you need help in securing a trusted interior designer, drop us a quote request today on our website, or via the mobile app.The app can be downloaded for free on App Store or Google Play.