8 Dreamy Homes in Pastel Shades
White and woody homes were the go-to theme when it comes to a soothing home design. But in recent months, it seems homeowners favour delicate tones such as pastels to break off the sterile monochrome look.
Here's how to paint your space with these subtle tones without being too sweet.
1. This home looks comfortable and comes off as a wonderful place to chill with a glass of wine. The varying tones of blue from dark to light in the living room make it visually appeasing and less boring. Light blue combined with hints of green and pink creates a magical atmosphere in the kitchen.
Interior designer: Boon Siew D'sign
Location: Kim Tian Road
Cost of renovation: $45,000
2. Sleek and simple, the colours of this home are warm and lovely. Playing with pastel white, black and blue, their kitchen and living room set the tone for elegance. Having a sea blue wall in the bedroom is not only alluring but it is certain to be lullaby for when you head to bed. The cute bar counter plays with a dark pastel brown, keeping it sweet and stunning.
Interior designer: AD. I. WRKS
Location: Keat Hong Pride
Cost of renovation: $51,000
3. Did somebody say fun? This home is a playground of happiness that is surrounded by bright and funky colours. Using pastel blue, green and orange the living room is full of life and sunshine. The bedroom brings joy to all who enter with its colourful pattens and pretty pastel purple and pink.
Interior designer: Poetus
Cost of renovation $30,000
4. A welcoming and divine home, the living room does a wonderful contrast with its bright blue pillow and a darker blue sofa. The dining area has a splendid coat of corporate blue, making it look refined. The kitchen however, takes the award for the best-dressed with its baby blue spread.
Interior designer: The Scientist
Location: Sengkang West Way
Cost of renovation: $43,000
5. Making use of pastel brown tones, the living room is neat and resplendent. The contrast of the dark brown sofa against the light brown wooden cabinet works well and the sky blue wall helps to balance out the earth colours. Pastel grey in the bedroom is a good idea as it is classy and is a soothing colour.
Interior designer: Linear Space Concepts
Location: Keat Hong
Cost of renovation: $70,000
6. Looking angelic in white will be this sweet home. With pastel white floors and marble tiles, the living room and kitchen are exquisite and a treat for the eye. The study room combines white and baby blue to make it interesting and add some colour to the place. Matching white and grey is a good idea just like in the bedroom as it keeps the place calm and yet add some vibrancy to it.
Interior designer: Intrigue-D Design Consultancy
Location: Choa Chu Kang
Cost of renovation: $28,000
7. Feel close to the beach and next to nature as you enter this home of soft and breezy colours. The kitchen makes you feel at sea with the combination of various blue tones to create a wave effect. The corporate blue walls in the bedroom balance the soft brown and grey colours of the place. Subtle yet striking, the pastel brown and blue against a backdrop of wooden brown on the walkway create just the right amount of attention.
Interior designer: The Monocot Studio
Location: Riveria Residences
Cost of renovation: $100,000
8. Contemporary with a touch of tradition, this home has a toned down colour combination to keep the ambience relaxing and peaceful. Using a slightly duller baby blue wall for the living room matches the brown and grey colour theme of this place. The pastel white table with grey chairs keeps the serenity of the place and complement one another. The touch of blue in this area such as the refrigerator create a delicate balance.
Interior designer: Mr Shopper Studio
Location: Joo Seng Road
Cost of renovation: $50,000
Create A Space You Love
Looking to create the same feel for your home? Request for free quotes today to get matched with 5 interior firms based on your budget and style. All recommendations made will be covered under the Qanvast Guarantee, up to $50,000.Browse more homes and renovation tips on the Qanvast app! Download the free app here.