8 Hollywood Homes That Make You Feel Like a Celebrity
Novelty home designs (cue: retro-chic diners and velvet accessories) stay in your mind for a long time. If you are looking for something out of the ordinary – specifically ones with a modern touch and glamorous appeal – then these homes might be what you are looking for.
1. It’s all about the details here. The tufted chairs. The Scandinavian chandelier. The tropical-inspired accessories (even the bedside lamp resembles a pineapple cocktail!). The homeowners use a medley of bright colours and textures to not only create visual interest, but also to boost the overall glam factor. Our favourite statement piece? The royal blue armchair in velvet that screams “luxurious” in every way.
Interior designer: The Scientist
Location: The Amore, Edgefield Plains
Cost of renovation: $65,000
2. When you combine functionality with chic, you get one stylish home. The highlight: a high ceiling which affords the homeowners with plenty of natural light. Check out the accompanying brick walls to cosy up the mezzanine space. Designed to create an impression of openness, a partial divider is fitted between the living room and the upper floor. Swathed in a slightly darker palette, furnishings are kept simple and understated in this spacious loft.
Interior designer: Prozfile
Location: Joo Chiat Road
Cost of renovation: $130,000
3. Open concept spaces are all the rage now, what with homes and offices shifting away from rigid, cookie-cutter layouts. Perfect for hosting guests, the U-shape wooden seating platform in the common area make ideal conversation starters. Transform this space into a cosy mini theatre to hole up in with your loved ones. A sliding door is also aptly fixed to separate the living space and balcony area for a sense of privacy.
Interior designer: In Expat
Location: Moonstone Lane
Cost of renovation: $140,000
4. Modern and spacious, this massive space does look the part as a workstation – thanks to its sprawling wooden table in the main area (plus a reading room!). Add character to the home with a collection of vintage-tinged frames and standalone wall decors. The white-washed walls, coupled with the palm tree prints and indoor plants are instant mood-lifters, if not visually arresting. The result is a strikingly elegant home with California dreamin’ vibes.
Interior designer: Third Avenue Studio
Location: Ubi Avenue
Cost of renovation: $62,000
5. This Scandinavian-focused home scores our votes for its youthful and modern appeal. Note the clever play of contrasting colours here; multi-coloured cushions and dining wares are used to inject cheer and lighten up the heavy space. And nothing says Hollywood chic more than a pop of midnight blue on the feature wall. Employ pastel hues in the kitchen, like this homeowner did, for a dose of warmth and fun.
Interior designer: Boon Siew D’sign
Location: Kim Tian Road (Block 126A)
Cost of renovation: $45,000
6. If you combine both glam and elegance, then this home is it. The neutral theme subtly highlights sophisticated pieces with a glossy flooring that boasts a shiny, reflective effect. The exposed conduit piping which runs along the side of the wall is a breath of fresh air to the functional space too. We particularly love the walk-in wardrobe; it not only provides a smart storage solution, it is incredibly stylish, inviting and cosy. The dim lighting gives a romantic vibe, illuminating the handsome space with an extra layer of class.
Interior designer: Posh Home
Location: Sumang Walk (Block 217B)
Cost of Renovation: $60,000
7. Going monochrome can be cool, but what’s even cooler: gold accents to infuse a modern sensibility. Play by the three-colour rule and rock it. Switch things up with accessories of varying textures like metallic and matte. The partial divider is a simple and brilliant way of adding style without taking up much space in the common area. Placing thick shaggy rugs in spaces is also an effortless and tasteful way to offer comfort.
Interior designer: Uno Interior
Location: Fajar Road
Cost of renovation: $78,000
8. Making fun touches to your home can be oddly therapeutic. While checkers and dots on the floor add a whimsical touch to the space (do they remind you of Alice in Wonderland?), dried flowers exude a rustic charm. Dark wood can be harsh, so opt for a cooling shade like nautical blue to balance out the look. Entering the study room, the intimate yet mysterious with an antique table lamp and all-black wardrobes will make you feel like a secret agent in Kingsman and 007 films.
Interior designer: The Scientist
Location: Bendemeer Road
Cost of renovation: $70,000
Want a home chic and glamourous home?
Whatever you envision, the right interior designer can make your dream home come true. Request for a quote here, and get matched with 5 interior designers, based on your budget and style.Want to see even more local home ideas? Download the Qanvast app here. Save your favourite images, discover new home products or simply read up on handy renovation tips to aid you on your renovation journey!