8 Insanely Cool and Exciting Ideas To Make Your Home Less Boring
If you enjoy living life on the wilder side, here are some ideas that will definitely help to spice things up at home, interior design wise. Your home’s the perfect place to let loose and go wild, so what are you waiting for?
1. Have you ever loved shipping containers so much that you wanted one in your home? The homeowners of this Cityscape apartment must be fascinated by them, and managed to creatively incorporate the façade of a shipping container right in their living room. The rest of the apartment possesses several unique looks, keeping things wondrously fresh and surprising.
Interior Designer: Co. Prozfile
Cost of renovation: $80,000
2. Too many recipes to try, and too many ingredients to buy? Well, a giant chalkboard wall strategically located in the kitchen makes your mad chef ambitions much easier to achieve. We also love the little platform with stairs that are actually cupboards in disguise. It’s the perfect place to drift away with a good book.
Interior Designer: DISTINCTidENTITY
Location: Jalan Kayu
Cost of renovation: $42,000
3. What happens when you incorporate the feel of a rustic, wooden cabin into a modern-day apartment? You’ll have something that looks like this, with plenty of wooden elements that border on gritty rawness. The amazing thing is it will definitely make you feel like you are living in an installation art piece that pays homage to Mother Nature.
Interior Designer: Versaform
Cost of renovation: $70,000
4. This apartment’s muted industrial palette is easy on the eyes, but never looks dull because of the interesting wood grain textures and assemblage of different sized crates which double up as storage space. The dining area looks simply magical, with a delicate cloud of paper flowers suspended above the dining table.
Interior Designer: Dan's Workshop
Location: The Horizon
Cost of renovation: $60,000
5. We know what the homeowners’ favourite colours are they are unapologetically all over the house. The entire home is well-lit, which makes it even better for the bright orange shades to stand out. It is also a home that the kiddos will love as they are enraptured by anything cheery and colourful.
Interior Designer: Free Space Intent
Location: Lichi Avenue
Cost of renovation: $130,000
6. Take cues from the ultra-cool home of a biker-cum-rocker enthusiast. Get bowled over by the kickass collection display solutions (spot the cool guitars, helmets and Vodka collections yet?) in this new BTO. This home knows the way to your heart. It is modern, funky, and has just enough of that rebellious attitude to keep you young at heart.
Interior Designer: Starry Homestead
Cost of renovation: $50,000
7. Feel your jaws slacken in wonder when faced with this amazing stained glass wall housed in a condo apartment that might be humble in size, but vivaciously cheerful in personality. If you’re all about colourful showstoppers, a stained glass wall might just be up your alley.
Interior Designer: Museum Homes
Location: Treasure Place
Cost of renovation: $120,000
8. The walls take centre stage in this cool hipster home. Instead of going for a one-dimensional look for the walls, the homeowners took a plunge and went for a variety of textures and finishing. From unpolished brick surfaces to gritty grey textures, they have proven that walls can make a bold statement too.
Interior Designer: Linear Space Concepts
Location: Senja Gateway
Shoot for the stars and aim for the moon! Make your cash well spent in designing your home. If you ever need help in securing a trusted interior designer, we are here to help. Simply drop us a quote request today and we will match you with up to 5 firms that best fit your renovation requirements.
Not ready to meet up with an interior designer yet? Why not start collecting décor ideas for your place? From cosy homes to quirky ones, we have it all. Download the Qanvast app to browse more interior designers and their portfolios to get buzzed on countless inspirations.Get it free from App Store and Google Play.