9 Easy, Breezy Ideas Your Boring Balcony Needs
Feel the wind in your hair or some sun in your eyes; Your home is instantly that much more relaxing with a balcony! Undecided on how you’re going to use that extra outdoor space? Take cues from this collection of breezy balcony spaces that are instantly revamped with unique, decor tweaks!
1. With a balcony, you’ve got a great view of the sky – don’t let it go to waste! Look further out and get lost in its beauty with a telescope. Spot the Big Dipper, Orion’s Belt, or the North Star and marvel at their wonder.
Interior Designer: Versaform
Location: Tampines Central
Cost of renovation: $70,000
2. Designed to flow seamlessly from the balcony deck, this built-in bench is a great outdoor seating alternative that not only looks great, but practically, is easy to clean and maintain. Tweak it a little and voila – double it up as a storage unit, or even to hide a small beer cooler.
Interior Designer: Make Room
Location: Farrer Road
Cost of renovation: $50,000
3. Can’t decide between a wooden deck or tiles? Then do both! Mix it up a little to add some spunk. Here, blue and white patterned tiles match the brightly lit sky in a picturesque combination, while visually extending that floorspace by a few inches.
Interior Designer: DistinctIDentity
Location: The Mezzo
Cost of renovation: $60,000
Grow Your Greenfingers
4. Just imagine waking up to a view like this; a fantastically manicured garden creates the perfect setting to recline, bask in the morning sun and soak up the relaxing resort-like atmosphere. What a great way to start the day!
Interior Designer: LS2 Design and Construction
Location: Amber Garden
Cost of renovation: $100,000
5. Say your balcony – isn’t – that big. Then switch out those big, impressive pots for a small planter rack to grow a neat mini herb garden. Forget salt or flour, your home neighbours will coming knocking on your door asking for a some of your harvest!
Interior Designer: Architology Interiors
Location: Ridgewood Apartment
6. For a vintage, old-school approach, go with black and white bamboo blinds reminiscent of the colonial style. Balance those melancholic pangs of nostalgia with fun, retro plastic strung outdoor chairs of the yesteryears.
Interior Designer: Hue Concept
Location: Upper Serangoon Crescent
Cost of renovation: $20,000
Incorporate Water Features
7. The sound of running water from a mini fountain in your balcony will instantly transform your home into a relaxing, meditative environment to find repose. (Or if you’d rather be kicking up a sweat, an exercise bike will give you a healthy dose of endorphins.)
Interior Designer: D Planner
Location: The Estuary
Cost of renovation: $28,000
Wine and dine!
8. Go alfresco with an additional dining area at your balcony - perfect for cosy, intimate settings when friends and family visit. Whether it’s a late night drink, or a weekend brunch, you know you’ll be putting this space to good use.
Interior Designer: Habit
Location: Arc @ Tampines
Cost of renovation: $30,000
9. Or consider this. Move your dining area out to free up precious space in the living area. You’ll not only enjoy an amazing view every meal, but a more open and airy living room that can accommodate large group gatherings.
Interior Designer: Project File
Location: Thomson Road
Cost of renovation: $150,000
Speak To Trusted Interior Firms
Looking for interior designers? Send in your request and we will match you with 5 trusted interior firms for free. All recommendations made by Qanvast will be protected under the Qanvast Guarantee scheme, up to S$50,000.Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and reviews of firms in Singapore. It's never too early to start your research.