Serve up some looks on top of food.
Like an amateur cook preparing a meal for the first time, painting your kitchen can be daunting. “What if I don’t get it right?” and “What if it looks too gaudy?” are probably some concerns that might be holding you back – especially when you don’t have a ‘recipe’ on how to include a pop of colour in your cooking space.
But have no fear, because here are 10 colourful kitchens that’ll not only show you how to break away from the usual all-white scheme, but also serve as a feast for your eyes!
1. For the colour shy, start off small. This cheery yellow kitchen is toned down with pops of white so that it doesn’t overwhelm the eye. Complement with some classic tiles, rounded-edge furnishings and living greens to complete the retro look!
2. If you use dynamic colours and the right tiles, a small kitchen can still pack a visual punch. This home takes it one step further by varying the hues used and introducing different patterns on the cabinet doors.
3. A sophisticated kitchen doesn’t have to be all-white, all marble or all-black, a darker shade like the red below works just as well. Pro-tip: We recommend jumping over to stainless steel cabinets for this one, since the metallic sheen makes it all the classier.
4. At first glance, this kitchen screams farmhouse-inspired through and through. But, little touches like the mosaic backsplash, brass fittings, graphic floor tiles and sage green cabinets keep it looking fresh.
5. If you prefer to keep things on the lighter side of life, try introducing cheery green and yellow accents. These pastel shades work well with white for a softer look – definitely less jarring than a full-on jewel-toned wall!
6. A minimalist kitchen doesn’t always need to have a pristine palette. Case in point: Despite the hints of blue, light grey and terrazzo accents, this kitchen still retains the sleek appeal thanks to handleless carpentry and a bare-bone approach.
7. For the daring creatives, why not take the leap and make a bold statement? Play around with colours to create a high contrast look – take cues from the likes of this black, teal and red one!
8. And remember, the little details matter. From its graphic floor tiles and herringbone backsplash to the carpentry’s trimming, everything in this blue kitchen has been placed with purpose to create an eye-catching space.
9. These emerald cabinets would not have been visually arresting on its own, but when blue-and-white graphic tiles are tossed into the fray? The kitchen becomes a completely IG-worthy space.
10. Before you write pink off as “too feminine a shade to be used in the kitchen”, check out this flat! The homeowners made it work by keeping to a more classic look – think shaker-style cabinets and glass backsplashes.
Now's a good time as any to get started on your renovation plans!
Many Singapore homeowners have had to put their renovations on hold due to COVID-19, BUT that doesn't mean you can't start planning for yours now.
Ironing out the kinks in your home makeover plan will enable it to proceed smoothly once circumstances improve, so if you’d like some professional help let us know and we'll link you up with local interior firms that offer virtual consultations!