Stuck with your renovation plans? Here’s how to proceed in light of the COVID-19 situation. Find out more
Foldaway Homes For People Who Need More Space
Well, isn’t that just all of us.
The smaller homes get, the more creative designers and homeowners are becoming, thinking out of the box to get more out of less. With fold-aways and pull-outs, maximize your space’s utility – here’s a compilation of innovative home designs that really give homeowners a bang for their buck.
1. Imagine hiding a wardrobe, service yard, and kitchen inside a cupboard. Yup, you read it right. This impressive full-length cupboard opens up to reveal three different functional spaces in a tiny two room condo unit.
Interior Designer: The Association
Location: The Medge
Cost of renovation: $30,000
2. Here's another functional space tucked away in a bedroom with the help of some foldable doors. If a study is not quite the sight you envisioned while relaxing and kicking it back in the bedroom - hide it!
Architect: Studio JP
Location: Dakota Crescent
Cost of renovation: $66,000
3. Life hack: They say watching the telly while doing your chores helps your time pass by more quickly. Whip out your ironing board from an adjacent cupboard and get started on a fresh load of laundry while binge-watching your favourite procedurals or sitcoms.
Interior Designer: Lemonfridge Studio
Location: E Maison
Cost of renovation: $17,000
4. Dinner for two? Slide out your dining table. Dinner for more? Pull it out a tad more. These homeowners hid a massive six-seater dining table in their wall – clever planning makes it seem almost like a magic trick, considering how deep that table must go.
Interior Designer: Dap Atelier
Location: Twin Waterfalls
Cost of renovation: $60,000
5. Vanities are commonly overlooked spaces, but not in this home. This shape-shifting piece of work displays the designer’s eye for detail and meticulousness. With ample storage space for your latest makeup obsessions, you’ll have the perfect excuse for more Dior Addict lipstick or a brand new Urban Decay palette.
Interior Designer: Posh Home
Location: Ten Suffolk
Cost of renovation: $85,000
6. One of our favourite and ultimate space-saving ideas of all times – Murphy beds. Clearing up precious floor space, they have since evolved to incorporate all sorts of lighting and storage options. (P.S. Did you know this is singer-songwriter Corinne May’s home?)
Interior Designer: Sevenvine
Location: Holland Close
Cost of renovation: $110,000
7. With more people incorporating small breakfast or bar counters into their interior design, they're becoming a must-have staple in new homes. Check out this nifty breakfast counter that can be pulled up for a quick bite.