Go Back To Basics With These 10 Timeless Homes
There are a million and one ways to do up a home. But if all you want and need is a cosy and tranquil space to return to every day, cut to the chase and opt for simple interiors. An unpretentious and modest home won’t risk looking too contrived, saving yourself time and effort to “get the look”.
Return to the fundamentals of renovation – good quality, functional features that will give you mileage and a home that won’t look out of date any time soon. Get inspiration from these 10 homes that get what timelessness is all about.
1. The clean-lined, contemporary interiors with its soothing colour palette enable the homeowners to slip into a calming state easily once they step through the front door. The décor features in the convivial common area blend into each other seamlessly to create a unified look, and the splash of teal from the rug gave the space a youthful touch.
Interior Designer: Xprado
Location: Boathouse Residences
Cost of Renovation: $60,000
2. Gorgeously bright and airy, this apartment’s white walls and pale wood surfaces perfectly played up the copious amount of natural light that streams through the large windows. But what really makes this space look so effortlessly chic is the carefully curated set of artworks, books, and flowers.
Architect: EHKA Studio
Location: Arc @ Draycott
3. Keeping it to the bare essentials, this expansive home gets away with looking stylish even with a pared-down treatment. The artful combination of cream, brown, and grey shades in all the different areas is also how this home can look so polished throughout. This space proves that you really don’t need much to pull together classy-looking interiors!
Interior Designer: Project File
Cost of Renovation: $157,500
4. Marble floors will never go out of style, and will always be associated with opulence. While it may be endlessly versatile, sometimes the best way to showcase its glamour is by keeping the rest of the decoration subtle, just like the understated home.
Interior Designer: Posh Home
Location: Jalan Rumah Tinggi
Cost of Renovation: $27,000
5. Thanks to its minimalist aesthetics and everlasting philosophy of form over function, Nordic-inspired interiors have the ability to withstand flippant décor trends. This unfussy approach is beautifully expressed in this simple yet stunning home, which will no doubt look as relevant a decade down the road.
Interior Designer: 82
Location: Foresque Residences
Cost of Renovation: $33,000
6. If you like thinking long-term when it comes to your home’s interiors, settle for a simple treatment for the more permanent features. With plain grey walls and floors (a more stylish alternative to white), the homeowner is able to add flavour to the space with different styles of furniture and accessories, such as industrial-inspired ones, without worrying about it clashing with the shell of the home.
Interior Designer: Free Space Intent
Location: The Minton
Cost of Renovation: $35,000
7. Don’t you want to just escape to this soft, cosy, and so very welcoming cocoon of a home after a long day at work? If comfort is your priority, take notes from the living room, which is decked out in gentle colours, cushy furniture you can plonk yourself into, and a comfy rug.
Interior Designer: Lux Design
Location: Upper Serangoon (Block 477A)
Cost of Renovation: $30,000
8. Black and white is a colour combination that will never go out of style, and this family home manages to look super chic thanks to the clever use of these two polarising shades. While black can be an overpowering colour – especially in a small space – it doesn’t come across that way here as it is used sparingly to outline the large white surfaces. The result is a classically striking effect that is amazingly photogenic as well!
Interior Designer: Icon Interior Design
Location: The Esparis
Cost of Renovation: $35,000
9. A simple way to add cosiness and grace to a voluminous space such as this living area is by cladding the walls with tiles. Wood-look tiles are used for the dining area, while marble-like ones clad the living room; and the contrast between the two zones the different spaces nicely.
Interior Designer: Hall Interiors
Location: Aspen Heights
Cost of Renovation: $120,000
10. The generous use of wood in different shades imbues a deliciously warm and snug vibe into this vibrant home. The homeowners chose to enliven each space with a bold-coloured feature wall, which is always an easy and effectively way to make an undecorated space pop!
Interior Designer: Dan’s Workshop
Location: Kim Tian Place
Cost of Renovation: $68,000
Don’t stop here! Get more inspirations from more than 100 Interior Designers’ portfolio on the Qanvast app now! Download it free from the App Store or Google Play and discover more ideas, useful renovation price guides, reviews in the app!If you already have some ideas brewing and want to get started, drop us a complimentary quote here and we will help connect you with 5 interior firms right away!