Guide To Throwing a Fabulous Christmas Party
We know that hosting a holiday get-together can be a frazzling experience, but it can also be a breeze. Here are a few tips on how to host a wonderful Christmas gathering without breaking a sweat, as well as a mini party etiquette guide for those who are going as guests! After all, it takes a good host and great guests to really make a party memorable.
1. Pick a Party Plan
Would you like to host a home-cooked dinner, a BBQ night, a catered buffet spread, or something more casual like a potluck? Once you’ve decided on this, other plans will fall into place. You can then put together a list of people to invite and send out RSVPs in advance as calendars fill up fast around the holiday season.
Guest tip: It’s always food if RSVP as soon as you can. And if your plans change later, it’s only basic courtesy to inform your host ASAP because they might have been counting on you to finish that last bit of turkey.
2. Make Easy Menu Choices
Pick simple and easy dishes that can be prepared in advance to save your time and energy for the party. We suggest using recipes that you have tried before and feel confident with because the last thing you want is to feel like you’re in Hell’s Kitchen on Christmas Day.
Guest tip: Arriving ahead of time is great, but there’s such a thing as arriving too early! Your hosts will be too busy putting the final touches to the party to entertain you. Don’t be late, of course, but arriving 15 minutes early is generally a good rule to follow.
3. Decide on the Decoration and Table Settings
When it comes to the decoration, why not mix up your regular kitchen utensils for a bit of fun? If you have a flair for the dramatics, carving your turkey on a glistening marble board will also definitely be a showstopper. If you’re still unsure of what to get, you can pop over to our friend’s store — Stylodeco – for more decoration ideas.
Guest tip: It’s not necessary to come bearing gifts, but it would be a thoughtful gesture much appreciated by the host.
Dear Hungry Santa Contest
Santa is hungry, but serving him a feast on your chipped plates won’t do! That’s why you totally need those some new tableware — and guess what? We’re giving away two dining sets from Stylodeco this Christmas! Each set consists of:
Skagen Leaf Dining Ware (4 pieces of each)
• Dinner plate
• Dessert plate
• Black Star tea towels
Want them? Here’s what you should do if you want to win them:
- Share this post!
- Like Stylodeco’s Facebook Page
- Tell us your favourite Christmas dish (in FB comments)
So what are you waiting for? Share with us your favourite Christmas dish! Good luck, and you may start sharpening your knives now.
STYLODECO, inspired by the Singlish word 'Stylomilo' (meaning stylish and fashionable), offers fashionable home decor accessories and furniture at reasonable prices. Our products are carefully curated from around the world. STYLODECO is a passion for casual elegant interiors that is reflected in our products - minimalist design, raw materials, pure lines, soft colours, comfortable fabrics and harmonious tone. STYLODECO is based in Singapore and ships to 11 countries in Asia. Shop online at www.stylodeco.com.
Terms & Conditions
- Participant must be living in Singapore.
- You may submit more than one entry but you can only win for one entry.
- The contest closes on 28 December, Monday.
- Qanvast reserves the right to amend any of the terms and conditions.
Prizes & Selection of Winners
- Qanvast will select the top 2 entries.
- Qanvast will notify the winners of the collection procedure. Prizes must be self-collected from Qanvast office by winners.
- Each winner will win a Skagen Leaf Dining Set (worth $497 each).
- Prizes earned as a result of fraudulent activities will be nulled and voided. We reserve the rights to suspend accounts or remove referrals if we notice any activity that we believe is abusive or fraudulent.
- If the winner does not reply to Qanvast within 3 days, Qanvast reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or other items and may be subject to availability. Qanvast reserves the right to replace any prizes with other items without prior notice.