Renovation Ideas For Home Under 100 Square Metres
Every inch of space is precious in a small flat. A small apartment may determine the size of the spaces of the occupants and the furniture but it doesn't dicate the interior style.
If you are mulling over design inspirations for your home, we have pooled together 8 home renovation ideas that look stylish and welcoming under 100 square metres (approximately 1,100 square feet)!
Stick to a consistent colour palette
1. White brick walls and wooden beam that outline the main communal spaces gave an English countryside feel to this 4-room flat. The furnishings used gave a modern updated look.
Interior Designer: Thom Signature Design
Location: Punggol Field (HDB, 93 sqm)
Cost of renovation: $35,000
2. Tiny but cosy. Instead of shunning away from displays and accessories, the condominium took a bold move with tall cabinets to store knick-knacks and momentos, which helps to create visual interest in this monotone apartment.
Interior Designer: Hall Interiors
Location: River Valley (HDB, 60 sqm)
Cost of renovation: $75,000
3. A black and white palette is classic but never boring. This apartment upped the design ante by playing up on geometry and patterned tiles in this colonial-inspired interior.
Interior Designer: The Association
Location: Hougang (HDB, 56 sqm)
Cost of renovation: $70,000
4. Decked largely in neutral tones, the zesty hues in the living room accessories add fun and character to this Scandinavian-themed home. The plus side; these items can be easily swapped out when you feel like you need a change to a more classic look.
Interior Designer: FSI
Location: Chestnut Avenue (condo, 88 sqm)
Cost of renovation: $58,000
Use lighting to your advantage
A common trick that never fail to visually enlarge spaces.
5. The use of mirrors amplify the spaces at home with this common trick. Placed along darker passageways or near the windows, the reflection of light will help. The condominium makes use of natural lighting and coloured furniture to brighten up the house.
Interior Designer: Sevenvine
Location: Irrawaddy Road (condo, 84 sqm)
Cost of renovation: $40,000
Small but feisty, these homes know how to embed their character in their love nest.
6. Wear your heart on your sleeve. In this case, the homeowner showcased their love for the iconic Eiffel Tower by corporating an image of the French landmark in every room, in a different graphical representation.
Interior Designer: Space Factor
Location: Toa Payoh (condo, 91 sqm)
Cost of renovation: $51,000
7. A cream palette is all it takes to make the bright colours and intricate patterns of the Moroccan charm pop.
Interior Designer: Fatema Design Studio
Location: Pasir Ris (HDB, 98 sqm)
Cost of renovation: $37,500
8. This HDB flat is chockful of personality. From the whacky tree trunk shaped TV console, industrial-meets-retro elements to the big purple cutout wall that divides the main communal spaces, this home make a statement with a big decorating move!
Interior Designer: FSI
Location: Montreal Link (HDB, 93sqm)
Cost of renovation: $65,000