Stuck with your renovation plans? Here’s how to proceed in light of the COVID-19 situation. Find out more
Rethink Your Space With These 7 Unique Home Layouts
Who says you have to stick to the cookie-cutter floor plan provided? It’s your house - create your own rules! After all, it’s you who know your needs best.
These seven houses show us how it’s done with interesting layouts that make you think about reorienting your space.
1. Opting for an eclectic style with quirky flourishes and unexpected pairings, this home’s surprising layout and demarcation of living areas is a refreshing change. We’re especially loving the running hexagonal motifs around the house that add a playful vibe to the warm, homely space.
Interior Designer: Hall Interiors
Location: Toa Payoh Lorong 3
Cost of Renovation: $100,000
2. Chic, polished surfaces, perfectly matched with the raw and industrial, this HDB unit gives us uber laid-back vibes. Transforming the layout of their home, one bedroom has been turned into a study cum display area with a small enclosed work station, while the other? A walk-in wardrobe with a vanity.
Interior Designer: 82
Location: Toa Payoh Crest
Cost of Renovation: $70,000
3. Bedrooms hidden behind paneled doors can be combined with the living room for a truly open space, without compromising on privacy. The clever use of panelled doors in this 2 room apartment not only helps to open up more space, but is also a practical approach to combine living spaces.
Interior Designer: Form & Space
Location: Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 (Block 331)
Cost of Renovation: S$ 45,000
4. Modern fittings are paired expertly well with minimalistic chic here in this apartment through the use of Scandinavian wood and polished white surfaces. Subdued wooden hues help to give a timeless and cosy vibe throughout the home, while reflective surfaces brighten up the area. When paired with an open-concept design, is elevated to create a spacious and stylish apartment.
Interior Designer: ELPIS Interior Design
Location: Jalan Tenteram (Block 117B)
Cost of Renovation: S$ 70,000
5. The absence of walls and doors creates a fluidity between the living, dining and kitchen area, allowing you to move from one space to another as though it is one big area, amplifying the whole idea of open-concept living in this intriguing layout.
Interior Designer: Ciseern
Location: Florence Regency
Cost of Renovation: $80,000
6. Grandeur is the name of the game with a dramatic full length bow window that adds a regal touch. The more narrow, linear layout and a challenge of a triangular kitchen seemed to work to the home’s advantage in the end, where the interior designers worked around it to maximise space and functionality, creating a long, vast openness.
Interior Designer: Schemacraft
Location: Parc Oasis
7. One step into this 4 room apartment and you’ll feel transported into a luxurious penthouse in the Hamptons. Polished surfaces are paired with heavy curtains and plush furniture. Walls between the kitchen, living and dining rooms have also been hacked to give the space a cohesive and expansive feel.
Interior Designer: Jubilee Interior
Location: Bedok Reservoir Road
Cost of Renovation: S$ 100,000
Time to rethink your home's layout!
Whatever your lifestyle needs, the right interior designer can bring these home ideas to life. Request for a quote here, and get matched with 5 interior designers, based on your budget and style.
Want more local home ideas? Download the Qanvast app here. Save your favourite images, discover new home products or simply read up on handy renovation tips to aid you on your renovation journey!