Simple Home Designs You’d Love To Go Home To
Being simple does not equate to being boring. In fact, it has its perks. It takes away the need for constant decluttering, makes homecleaning easier, and it has its charm of tranquility.
We picked out 7 simple homes that are simple and functional to any family.
1. With a great view to boot, varying brown tones of the interior were used to complement the nature theme of this home. To prevent the home from looking dull and dim, wood accents, personalised moments framed against the wall and alternating netural colours were used sparingly to add a creative touch.
Interior Designer: Dyel Design
Location: Anchorvale Cresent (HDB)
2. A big square feet means you can go big on your home furnishings. Instead, this 114sqm decides to stick to a humble colour palette and add colours only when it needs to. Clearly, it’s function over design when you step into an interior like this. The upside, it makes cleaning an easy task. Plus, it is flexible enough for future remodelling should the homeowner wishes to spice up the look.
Interior Designer: DB Studio
Location: Fernvale Link (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $40,000
3. A super minimalist modern apartment in Holland; the 80sqm flat opted for an open-concept layout, connecting every corner and turned them into a place to relax and retreat into.
Interior Designer: Linear Space Concepts
Location: Holland Drive (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $55,000
4. Clean, modern lines paired with a muted colour palette. The designer added an appropriate dash of colours here and there to evoke a contemporary and lively vibe.
Interior Designer: Wee Studio
Location: Adora Green (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $15,000
5. For a more-toned down approach from the popular Scandinavian theme, the designer opted cool colours and minimal furnshings, turning a small flat into a habitable and practical home.
Interior Designer: Green and Lush
Location: Sengkang West Way (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $28,000
6. Emulating a beach resort, this timeless deisgn comprises of woody-toned furnishings and subdued hues that pervade spaces, making the home a sanctuary to go home to and unwind.
Interior Designer: Metamorph Design
Location: The Tessarina (condo)
Cost of renovation: $95,000
7. Light woody furniture and an almost all-white interior runs throughout the house, with touches of grey in corners to add contrast. Blinds were used to let in maximum daylight and to bounce over the light glossy flooring.
Interior Designer: Zidane Design Associates
Location: Boon Keng (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $25,000