Stone, Marble or Wood? Get Any Surface Look with EDL Compact
When it comes to renovating the kitchen, countertop surfaces will always be a priority. Though it may have been easy in the past to pick out favourites, the market has since boomed, spawning hundreds of surfaces made from different materials, patterns, textures and colours.
Naturally, every homeowner wants the best fit for them. Besides durability and resistance, style has become an important consideration too. Let us show you how to get any dream kitchen look of yours with affordable and durable lookalikes! (Psst, also read on to find out more about an exclusive giveaway below!)
Multiple looks with EDL Compact
While stone, marble and wood kitchen worktops may be trendy now, they are not always the easiest to care for or the most affordable choice. Still, there’s a way to save yourself the headache and score style points in one go with EDL Compact.
Made from hunks of stone sawn into slabs then polished, natural stone countertops are typically thick, hovering around three centimeters or more. Not the look you want if you’re going for sleek.
Here’s a slimmer option
Emulate the feel of these countertops without the bulkiness by installing EDL Compact’s Stone. Choose between 6mm, 10mm (the Italian standard for countertops) or simply mix and match for enhanced durability and greater cost savings in your kitchen: Affix thicker panels in heavy duty areas and use thinner ones for your backsplash!
Though there is nothing quite as elegant or unique as a marble countertop (since no other kitchen will feature the exact veining as yours), it’s difficult to care for and expensive. Porous in nature, it is prone to stains and scratches, not great for a kitchen that sees intensive use.
A pocket-friendly, low-maintenance & high-performance alternative
Source: Countertop and Backsplash in EDL Compact in Bianco Venatino in white core
With EDL Compact’s Marble, you will never have to worry about costs or maintenance efforts. Designed to withstand high pressure and temperatures, these surfaces are all impact, moisture, heat, scratch, stain and wear resistant (hardier than the porous marble) – it’s even easy to clean, just wipe down with a damp cloth soaked in warm water! For more stubborn stains, simply use a mild degreaser.
Source: Countertop and Backsplash in EDL Compact in Nero Moraine
The resurgence in Scandinavian or rather the whole “MUJI-aesthetic” saw a revival in wood surfaces. While adaptable and easy to shape, wood countertops are easily damaged by water and may not be the easiest to match in grain, colour or texture.
Achieve a seamless look
Interior Firm: Studio FortyFour | EDL Compact and matching laminates in Rovere Rhone
- Top – 10mm compact | 2. Backing – 6mm compact | 3. Cabinets – 0.8mm matching laminates
Be it stone, marble or wood, all EDL Compacts come with matching laminates for your cabinets (pictured above) so you won’t have to worry about things looking inconsistent. Better yet, these panels look and feel like the real deal but eliminates the need to constantly refinish them!
Win one for yourself!
If you’re installing your own countertop within the next six months, you can stand a chance to win an EDL Compact kitchen top (worth up to $1,150)!
All you need to do is like @edleuro on Facebook, share this article and tell us in the comments which EDL Compact design you would like to win and why! View the collection at www.edleuro.com/edlcompact.
T&Cs apply*. Ends 29 May.
*Terms & Conditions:
1. Selection of wood, stone and marble collections only. Fenix NTM Compact is not eligible for this giveaway.
2. 1 kitchen worktop at 1 site only.
3. Contract sum totalling up to $1,150. This refers to retail cost and excludes existing promotions, discounts, vouchers and GST. Contract sum is usually more than sufficient for a kitchen top. Any additional cost is to be borne by the winner.
4. Supply and installation of kitchen worktop must be within 6 months from the end of contest. Thereafter, giveaway will be void without any compensation, replacement or refund.
5. A design professional has to be appointed for the house (i.e. architect, designer, contractor). Upon claiming, EDL Pte Ltd is to be provided with the design professional’s information for coordination.
6. EDL is only responsible for supply and installation of kitchen worktop. Dismantling and making-good of pre-existing tops must be done by owner appointed contractors.
7. Schedule for measurement and installation of EDL Compact will be based on the sole discretion of EDL Pte Ltd.
8. EDL Pte Ltd reserves the right to refuse or reject any project at their discretion. In such a case, a new winner will be selected for the giveaway.
9. Giveaway is non-transferable, not for resale and not exchangeable for cash, in full or otherwise.
10. EDL Pte Ltd reserves the right to change the T&Cs at any time without prior notice.
11. Selection of compact decor is subject to stock availability.
A New Makeover for Your Kitchen Awaits
Breathe new life into your interiors. Simply fill up the form below and get recommended up to 5 interior designers, all reviewed by homeowners like you!