Transform Your Walls from Normal to Wow!
Aside from being your usual photo-hanging spot at home, your walls can actually be the highlight that showcases your personality. Don’t just settle for a solid colour; why not be creative and think of different materials or designs? Here are 8 stunning walls that will get you eager to try out this neat interior style.
1. If you’re thinking of going with that industrial look and feel, this wall idea may just fit right in – zinc! This homeowner opted for the unique material as a wall to create an eclectic home style that’s modern as well as chic. It definitely goes with all the other artsy details in the home. Check out the graphic style too where the homeowner used the zinc wall as a mural showcase.
Interior designer: Linear Space Concepts
2. Got a creative side to show? Here’s a wall inspiration – doodle! Put your artistic side on display and use a wall as a blank canvas for you to create a masterpiece. Or you can hire an illustrator to commission a special artwork that’s one of a kind. Go with a simple black ink concept to give it that mod-art feel.
Interior designer: AD.I.WRKS
3. Now this home and its wooden panel walls is truly something! The cool wall panel concept – somewhat similar to Seville’s Metropol Parasol – is definitely eye-catching and an exciting idea to execute. It lends the home a Japanese modernist look and feel while creating more “open spaces” so that the home looks larger and cosy. The wall is indeed a showpiece in the home that creates different moods under different lighting – superb!
4. Not just one feature wall but loads of walls that are treated as showcase pieces throughout the house! Love how this homeowner went all out with his walls in different rooms – brick walls and old-school floral motif slabs in the bedroom, graphic tiles in the kitchen and even an illuminated wall in the living area that gives it a modern finish. This home is indeed the perfect example of taking one cool concept and making it work throughout.
Interior designer: Free Space Intent
5. A quick and effective wall to dress up your walls? Try decals, as seen here in this condo. Pick a pattern or motif, and get it prepared for transfer on your walls. It’s like a wallpaper, only more sophisticated and elegant. As seen here, decals are used throughout to give the home more dimension and textures.
Interior designer: Black N White House
6. Talk about futuristic! This homeowner definitely got it right with his wall concept – by adding curves to give his home a space-like effect with the right lighting and material! It definitely gives the home a modern look and feel that’s very art gallery type. Extend it to the ceiling like here and you’ll have an entire space that’s out of this world.
Architect: Lim Ai Tiong
7. There are a few walls that wow going on in this condo but the one that really caught our eye? Definitely the sea-foam green mosaic tiles in the dining area! The colour is mesmerising while the texture gives it a chic appeal. Plus, it is really easy to do! Just pick a feature wall, select your mosaic and go all out!
Interior designer: Fuse Concept
8. Not only are the walls in this home stunning, they are functional too! The homeowner converted the walls into cubbyholes for extra storage space, which works really well here as it is not too cluttered and has a cool, chic style. Definitely a stylish and functional concept you’ll want to try for your home.
Interior designer: Story Of Us
Feeling inspired to create a home like no other? Qanvast provides free matching services to over 200 interior firms based on your style and budget, so drop us a request and we’ll respond in 24 hours – or less.Download the Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play for local home ideas from over 200 interior firms!