Use Glass Walls For A Brighter and Visually Spacious Home
There is something about glass walls that leads to their popularity as a permanent fixture in many homes these days. Is it their instant injection of urban chic that gives any space that extra ooh la la? Or is it their ability to divide an open area while keeping it visually spacious? Whatever it is, glass is an extremely versatile medium that’s great at diffusing light, keeping the house bright and illuminated. Here are some homes that incorporate glass walls in fun and creative ways.
Keep things open and bright with glass walls
1. This study room with walls of glass exudes an open, no-secrets vibe. The white frames add some geometric interest that helps to heighten the austere feeling of the entire apartment. You know that there will never be any dullness in this apartment because of how bright it is, with sunlight pouring in through the wide windows.
Interior Designer: The Scientist
2. Balance out the dark cool colours with natural lighting and glass walls. Glass walls are great for brightening up dark corners, and making a small space look visually larger (like the bedroom wardrobe), amplifying its urban appeal.
Interior Designer: Prozfile Design
Glass walls add instant class for that opulent look
3. Enjoy living on the finer side of life? Then you will love this luxurious mini boutique that’s cleverly carved out of the space between the living room and hallway. The full glass wall with bold black frames looks like a posh storefront for a high-end boutique, and is the embodiment of class with glass.
Interior Designer: Fuse Concept
They are practical options
4. The half-hacked wall may be done to death, but we have to admit that it has a functional appeal of offering a sense of open-ness in the otherwise dim and narrow corridor, and a tinge of privacy in the communal spaces.
Interior Designer: Zenith Arc
5. Not really a wall per se; what gives glass doors that tiny edge over fixed glass walls is probably their winning ability to create the illusion of open space and actually open up to another room. The partition from the bedroom and study is seamlessly integrated into the surrounding dark-coloured walls, looking extra chic with those elegant black frames.
Interior Designer: Intrigue-d Consultancy
Glass walls make any room look even better
6. Why hide that beautiful bathroom behind opaque walls? Complement your all-dark interior with warm lightings and glass walls to make the space more inviting.
Interior Designer: Aart Boxx Interior
7. If you are the sort who enjoys cooking without any disturbance, this creative half-hack glass wall is what you need. Hungry guests can enjoy the cooking show outside the kitchen without getting in your way, and the glass door to the kitchen is also wonderful for keeping cooking fumes from invading the rest of the house.
Interior Designer: Mr Shopper Studio
Ready to tear those solid walls down to make way for glass ones? Request for a free quote here, and we can match you with 5 interior firms, based on your budget and style.Looking for more local home inspiration? Download the Qanvast app today - check out the latest interior ideas in Singapore, read up on helpful renovation tips and connect with your favourite interior designers, on the go!