There is just something chic and cool about a home that features white and wood as its main theme. Sure – it’s a simple idea but one that really speaks volume! White lends an airy feel that opens up your space while wood gives it an overall elegant feel. Combined together, the effect is simply stunning. Need some inspiration? Check out these nine homes that got it right.
1. Play up the versatility of the wood with its varying shades and textures like this Japanese-inspired minimalist home.
Interior Designer: Authors Interior & Designer
Location: Hougang Central
Cost of Renovation: $60,000
2. One thing great about the white and wood trend is how it instantly brightens up your home, making it look more spacious than it really is. Opt for a lighter shade of wood – like here – to give it a modern approach. Pick minimalist furnishing to complement the simplicity.
Interior Designer: Weiken.com
Location: Ang Mo Kio
Cost of Renovation: $38,000
3. Make your home look warm and inviting with minimal wood accents and an off-white hue. Add a pop of colour for a stylish twist to the commonly white and cream palette.
Interior Designer: Happe
Location: Bukit Batok
Cost of Renovation: $25,000
4. Have a variety in style by using different shades of wood throughout. From the wall features to the furnishing, this homeowner created a unique white and wood approach by fusing different shades and textures.
Interior Designer: Carpenters 匠
Location: Skypark Residences
Cost of Renovation: $18,000
5. Still want to keep your home relatively sleek with an all-white interior? Go ahead but break up the monotony with wooden panels and dividers like in this home. The wood element lends a natural feel to an otherwise stark space. Pick it in a lighter shade so that it is not too contrasting.
Interior Designer: Lemonfridge
Cost of Renovation: $40,000
6. We absolutely love the use of wood on the walls to offset the overall white interior in this home. A lighter shade veers on the contemporary chic feel while a darker wood lends a luxurious feel that is perfect for your room.
Architect: LLARK Architects
Location: Mandalay Road)
Cost of renovation: $200,000
7. The white and wood theme is a winning combination when it comes to creating a timeless home. In years to come, your home can look equally sophisticated and modern.
Interior Designer: Anhans Interior Design
Location: Sennett Residence
Cost of Renovation: $43,000
8. With clever carpentry, you can still embrace minimalism in your home even if you have tons of stuff. This BTO is a peaceful haven, embracing simplicity with white and wood tones.
Interior Designer: Zenith Interior Design
Location: Edgedale Plains
9. Take minimalism to new heights like this HDB flat. For a harmonious and seamless look, pick soft wood tones with similar grain directions, and have your carpentry built from end to end.
Interior Designer: Posh Home
Location: Clementi Avenue 4
Cost of renovation: $45,000
Want to emulate the look in your home?
We can connect you with interior firms who can help to do a similar style. Send in your request here and we will handpick a list of firms that fit your budget and style.Want more more useful renovation tips? Download the Qanvast app here. Save your favourite images, discover new home products or simply read up on handy hacks that will aid your renovation journey.