10 Beautiful Homes Under $35,000
While a small budget may restrict you from doing things like extensions or massive overhauls, it shouldn’t stop you from having a functional yet stylish home. These 10 homes prove that even with a renovation budget of under $35,000, you can still have a beautiful abode.
1. The best thing about a Scandinavian Minimalist style – as seen here – is that you don’t need a huge budget to get the look and feel right. All it needs is properly curated furniture paired with cool light fixtures and an almost all-white interior. This home is perfectly decluttered with just the right touch of class.
Interior Designer: Inzz Studio
Location: Tampines Greenlace
Renovation Cost: $27,000
2. The wood in this 3-room apartment exudes a warm and cosy ambience that creates a great intimate setting. Pops of fun are added with colourful designer chairs, a sleek TV console and fancy light fixtures. Opt for streamlined furniture in a contemporary minimalist style that’s inexpensive and easy to replicate.
Interior Designer: Fifth Avenue Interior
Location: Upper Serangoon Crescent
Renovation Cost: $28,000
3. This apartment is one of a kind with its raw look and feel. Industrial elements that are easy to incorporate in your home play up the eclectic style – exposed pipes in the bath area, upcycled furniture, feature brick wall. Keeping a light palette – beige and white – opens up your space while maintaining the cosiness.
*Photos and interior design by homeowners, Aaron and Lynnette Wong.
Interior Designer: Interi Living
Location: Telok Blangah Crescent
Renovation Cost: $21,000
4. Another Scandinavian-inspired home done right! With wood being a major element, in Scandinavian style homes, nailing that boutique hotel feel couldn’t be easier. By keeping the bedrooms minimalist and decluttered, the homeowner has created a space that is ideal for unwinding and clearing your mind.
Interior Designer: Space Factor
Location: Yuan Ching
Renovation Cost: $23,000
5. Despite its small size, this apartment manages to look and feel more spacious than it should, thanks to the homeowner’s focus on having just the bare necessities that are not only functional but also stylish. A floating island in the kitchen serves as a great dining table for two. Go for exposed light pipes for an industrial theme.
Interior Designer: Ace Space Design
Location: Yishun Avenue 9
Renovation Cost: $32,000
6. Upcyling is all the hype these days and if you’re working with a lower renovation budget, this is the perfect option for you. And that’s exactly what makes this home so unique: Its wooden chest drawers is one of a kind while boxed crates make great storage space. Here’s an idea for your next DIY project: unleash your creative side - use your walls as your canvas!
Interior Designer: Designer Guy Group
Location: Punggol Emerald
Renovation Cost: $29,000
7. It’s hard to believe that the renovation budget for this apartment is only 24K! It’s super luxe and majestic with all the right trimmings. Here’s how you too can recreate it: Add photographs for wallpaper for an extremely hip appeal, and opt for a monochrome palette to add a dash of class.
Interior Designer: Vegas Interior Design
Location: The Pinnacle @ Duxton
Renovation Cost: $24,000
8. We absolutely love the lounge area here, with comfy beanbags as a great alternative to sofas - way harder to get up though, you’d want to laze all day! The kitchen is also a masterpiece with its tiled backwash and minimalist approach. If storage is a concern, get inspired by what the homeowner did in the bedroom – a hidden top drawer cleverly incorporated as part of the bed frame design.
Interior Designer: KDOT Associates
Location: Circuit Road
Renovation Cost: $30,000
9. Absolutely loving this Japanese-inspired home, with its hyper minimalist and monochrome white-meets-grey look. Go for less furniture if you have a tighter budget. With some styling, you too can get the look right too. Opt for understated wooden furniture to give it a modern look.
Interior Designer: 82
Location: Foresque Residences
Renovation Cost: $33,000
10. Storage display cases are great ways to keep your belongings out of sight to maintain your chic look. We also love the idea of floating shelves throughout for display purposes and the booth-like seats for the dining area that again, gives you even more storage space. Storage, storage, storage – a homeowner’s dream in tiny Singapore!
Interior Designer: Posh Home
Location: Punggol Drive
Renovation Cost: $31,000
Want to get your dream home for less?
Drop us a complimentary quote request and we’ll recommend you five interior firms that suit your budget needs, for free! Homeowners who engage an interior designer, following a request for quote, are covered under the Qanvast Guarantee.Looking for inspiration? Download our app on the App Store and Google Play to discover thousands of interior design ideas!