10 Cosy Styles That Are Super Homely
Plush pillows, breezy curtains and inviting furniture all in soothing and tranquil ambience – when your home is this cosy and comforting, you won’t want to leave at all. The good news is that creating your oasis of relaxation for both you and your guests is not hard to do. Here are 10 homes that got it right with minimum effort, maximum impact.
1. Soothing warm lights are a great idea when it comes to maximising the comfort level in your home. This homeowner went with this tip in the living room and of course, the bedroom, to enhance the tranquil aspect of his home. Go with minimum furnishing to create an open space that is relaxing.
Interior Designer: Starry Homestead
Location: Bedok North Avenue
Cost Of Renovation: $52,000
2. A soothing all-white theme in the living room and kitchen helps enhance the comfort level in any space. Like this homeowner, pairing that with mellow down lights and a minimalist style is a sure-winner for cosiness. In the bedroom though, things take on a darker look and feel to create that luxe comfort that’s inviting and relaxing.
Interior Designer: U-Home Interior Designs
Location: Grandeur 8
Cost Of Renovation: $53,000
3. With the right furniture and finishing, your home can instantly look ultra inviting and soothing – just like this stunning English home-inspired abode. Vintage-y furniture gives it an old school charm. The homeowner upped the design factor with unique feature lights and one-of-a-kind decorative items for more personality. A warm beige tone helps enhance the ambience.
Interior Designer: Black N White House
Location: Punggol Field
Cost Of Renovation: $40,000
4. First up – love the illuminating ceiling lighting that helps cast a soothing ambience, perfect for when you want to create a cosy home! Using warm colours like beige, brown and gold throughout helps enhance the mood and feel. Mirrors throughout further illustrate this R&R feel.
Interior Designer: The Interior Lab
Location: Tribeca By The Waterfront
Cost Of Renovation: $50,000
5. The plush, standalone sofa in this living room looks super inviting, especially when you’ve had a long day after work. Natural light coming in from the wide windows helps cast a sense of tranquility. Keeping things simple and uncluttered like here is the top rule when it comes to creating calmness.
Interior Designer: DC Vision Design
Location: The Makena
Cost Of Renovation: $80,000
6. This homeowner made full use of space to create his personal haven! There’s no need to fill it up with decorative items or furniture; just the essential pieces in a classic design will do the trick. Wooden floors add warmth to the ambience, giving the home an overall soothing appeal.
Interior Designer: Vegas Interior Design
Location: Equatorial Apartment
Cost Of Renovation: $152,000
7. Talk about a showroom home – this homeowner has definitely put in a lot of thought to make his home not only stylish but also super cosy. Again, beige is used throughout to enhance the home’s comfort level while fresh flowers in different corners work to build a soothing effect.
Interior Designer: AD. I. WRKS
Location: Riverparc Residences
Cost Of Renovation: $60,000
8. The bedroom is definitely the showpiece here, with its boudoir-style interior – a plush rug, neo-classic two-seater, chandelier and heavy upholstery – you want to do nothing more than to just lounge and relax here! Elsewhere, illuminating downlights and the same luxe upholstery create a cosy feel that is elegant and sophisticated. The kitchen with its wooden cabinets is a nod to country-style design that is simple but classy.
Interior Designer: Ark Interior
Location: Punggol Drive
Cost Of Renovation: $47,000
9. Using blinds as curtains lets you control exactly how much light you want in, thus creating the right amount of comfort whenever you want. Here, art pieces in customised showcase areas give the home a designer look and feel that is not too showy. A white-and-wood finishing is the perfect Scandinavian touch to this cosy home.
Interior Designer: Yonder
Location: Sky Habitat
Cost Of Renovation: $30,000
10. This home showcases its tranquility with the use of wood finishing that creates the perfect modern resort approach. Furniture in fabric is more able to enhance a comfort level at home versus wood or leather.
Interior Designer: Space Define Interior
Location: Eight River Suites
Cost Of Renovation: $35,000
Speak To Trusted Interior Firms
Unsure how to plan and implement the same chic and functional design for your home? Send in your request and we will match you with 5 trusted interior firms for free. All recommendations made by Qanvast will be protected under the Qanvast Guarantee scheme, up to $50,000.Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and reviews of firms in Singapore. It's never too early to start your research.