Creating an abode that is comfy and an extension of one’s personality brings a touch of home, especially when you are a working expat in Singapore who’s come from a far place. For interior ideas, check out these 10 homes that we think got it right when it comes to being the perfect home for expatriates.
1. An instant way to create a relaxed ambient in your home? Bring nature in! Potted plants and vases liven things up for a pleasant mellow feel. Keep the rest homely with a beige and white palette that breezes things up. Glass enclosures add a sophisticated look and feel – as seen in the walk-in wardrobe here.
Interior Designer: Space Atelier
Location: St. George Road
Cost of renovation: $50,000
2. For the social urbanite at heart, this modern condo exudes an ultra-luxe ambience with its ceiling-to-floor white theme with dark wooden contrast – a perfect complement! Go for designer-like finishing – ambient light, stylish furniture – to further amp up the boutique hotel look and feel. Make sure to stick to a minimalist, clutter-free approach so that your home stays stylish and polished.
Interior Designer: Metamorph Design
Location: The Sail @ Marina Bay
3. Giving your home a rustic feel helps create that log cabin feel, which is unique in Singapore’s climate! Give your outdoor space plenty of thought so that you can enjoy the wonders that Singapore’s natural surroundings have to offer.
Interior Designer: Linear Space Concepts
Location: Kampong Java
Cost of renovation: $180,000
4. This house is all about the little details – the exposed brick wall, the turquoise backsplash counter walls, patterned tiles and the overall minimalist feel. It’s boutique-ish with a nice homely feel. Keeping it simple and uncluttered gives it a spacious impression.
Interior Designer: Prozfile Design
Location: Parbury Avenue
Cost of renovation: $120,000
5. Love the retro-ish feel this house has but it is still modern and contemporary with its artsy details like feature wall, ceiling-to-floor glass, art pieces on the wall and a stunning minimalist bathroom that we want to spend hours and hours in! Wood element throughout transforms this home into a cosy abode.
Interior Designer: Third Avenue Studio
Cost of renovation: $155,000
6. First, love the old-school tiles in this house. Pair that with wooden furniture and you get the ideal home with a colonial-style interior. The kitchen is just as stunning with its dark wooden cabinets, equally stunning patterned tiles and marble countertop. Subway tiled walls further enhance the style factor.
Interior Designer: Concept Living
Location: Olina Lodge
Cost of renovation: $50,000
7. Love the Balinese design factor in this home – from wooden statues to ethnic art on the wall. Quirky details like Ottoman pattern tiles lend an artsy feel while wooden finishing complete homely and cheerful vibe.
Interior Designer: Yonder
Cost of renovation: $200,000
8. Replicate the charm of an idyllic French interior at your home. Keep lighting to a minimal and bring in the charm of nature by allowing lots of natural daylight into the house, a clean colour palette and plush furnishings for the five-star English treatment.
Interior designer: Black N White House
Location: Upper Bukit Timah
Cost of renovation: $55,000
9. Leather finishing on the furniture gives this home an overall elegant and sophisticated theme. Dark wood enhances that luxurious feel while ambient lighting gives it an inviting warmth. Go with patterned rugs in different rooms to create a welcoming effect.
Interior Designer: Liid Studio
Location: Sommerville Park
Cost of renovation: $152,200
10. This modern and contemporary style condo is ideal for a young couple or those living on their own. There is an overall relaxed feel with its dark hues of greys and browns. Keep furniture to the minimum for a gallery and minimalist effect.
Interior Designer: Schemacraft
Cost of renovation: $66,000
Consult Our Home Experts
Too busy to research or think up ideas? Qanvast can help you meet home renovation professionals. All you have to do is send in your request and we will match you with 5 trusted interior firms for free. All recommendations made by Qanvast will be protected under the Qanvast Guarantee scheme, up to $50,000. Find out more here.Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and reviews of firms in Singapore. It's never too early to start your research.