10 Kick-Ass Designs You Only See In HDBs
HDB layouts are similar in terms of sizes and it's easy to fall into an interior rut when renovating. Here, we found 10 superb designs that no one would expect a HDB could look that cool.
1. There’s a cool old-school vibe in this BTO with the wooden furniture and simple finishing. Love the cool contrast between wood and white that creates a certain nostalgia. And it surprises with that pop of jade green in the kitchen and bathroom!
Interior Designer: M3 Studio
Location: Telok Blangah Heights
Cost of renovation: $46,000
2. A beautiful, bright and airy home never fails to stir our heart. The interplay of light muted furnishings when paired with patterns and pastels is a winning combination of an Instagram-worthy house.
Interior Designer: Mr Shopper Studio
Location: Joo Seng
Cost of renovation: $50,000
3. You really see the owner’s quirky personality shine through with the cute pillowcases and that ultra-huggable “bear” bean bag! Furniture is minimalist so that it doesn’t clutter up the home, which is perfectly fine in this eclectic ambience. Patterned tiles in the kitchen add character while a stripped-down bedroom creates the perfect ambience for R&R.
Interior Designer: Fuse Concept
Location: SkyTerrace @ Dawson
Cost of renovation: $70,000
4. This home comes alive with the owner’s super cool collection of toys, art, vintage keepsakes and more. While the collection is the main focus, everything else in terms of furniture and finishing is kept on a down low so that it doesn’t look a mess. The masculine sleek kitchen is a stark contrast of the artsy feel in the living room.
Interior Designer: Design Chapterz
Location: Chai Chee
Cost of renovation: $120,000
5. A vintage-style boutique-hotel like with class and elegance in your ordinary HDB? Because, why not? The contrast of the modern and vintage design against sophisticated touches creates a stunning effect.
Interior Designer: The Scientist
Location: Rivervale Crescent
Cost of renovation: $60,500
6. An old resale flat magically transformed to open up the living spaces with deep bold shades and modern elements. The interconnected spaces is easy to demarcate with the use of sliding doors and frosted panels, adding privacy when needed.
Interior Designer: Meter Square
Location: Towner Road
Cost of renovation: $80,000
7. You can have the same design elements like what you see in other HDB interiors but it's only through the deft hands of a good designer that makes your house look like a million bucks but done at only a fraction of the cost.
Interior Designer: 82
Cost of renovation: $58,000
8. Add on the soothing colour of grey throughout and you get a home that’s up on the style factor. Absolutely adore the display case in the living area that seems to gel with the entire look and feel without looking cluttered. Its high ceiling adds on that chic appeal as well.
Interior Designer: Dyel Design
Location: SkyTerrace @ Dawson
Cost of renovation: $37,000
9. The English charm is one theme that could easily go wrong if it's not well-executed. In this Punggol HDB, the designer nailed the necessary details; think wainscoting panels to fireplace and the crown moulds come together in a warm muted yellow shade that exudes a modern and cosy abode you'll never get tired of.
Interior Designer: Black N White House
Location: Punggol Field
Cost of renovation: $40,000
10. This maisonette was given a new lease of life with an all-white palette and the right decor. It's the little touches that makes the spaces personalised, beautiful and totally stylish. Definitely plenty to be inspired by!
This is a special home feature of mummy Instagrammer - Friska. Read more about her home design here.
$50,000 Qanvast Guarantee.