Despite what your friends and home décor sites may tell you, the best way to decorate your home is to follow your heart. Do you dream of a welcoming gallery kitchen, or one with an old world charm? Do you prefer an eclectic décor filled with curios, or a minimalistic space that’s easy to maintain? The key is to bring in your personality into your home so you create a sanctuary where you can relax and re-energise. So go ahead - trust your gut feeling.
If You Enjoy Music And Books
1. Design your sleep area like a giant reading nook with built-in shelves close by makes it handy to reach for a bedtime story. Having a storage platform is also a great way to maximise a tight bedroom.
Architect: 0932 Design Consultants
2. The hide-and-seek concept of this Japanese-inspired living room offers a clever solution for concealing the entertainment set. For audiophiles or movie geeks that are looking to keep the home clutter-free, opt for accordion cabinet doors (above) that look good open or shut.
Interior designer: Asolidplan
If You Play A Musical Instrument
3. A quick glance of this home tells you the occupants embrace creativity. From the music jamming area to the quirky mixture of mismatched furniture and décor styles, a home with a laidback charisma such as this is endlessly inspiring.
Interior designer: The Scientist
Location: Bukit View
4. The stunning grand piano takes centre stage in this calming open-plan living area, where smooth rounded walls accentuate its curvy and sleek silhouette, making the space feel special and established.
Architect: EHKA Studio
Location: Tiara (Kim Seng Walk)
###If You Love Having Company Over
5. You don’t need a space room to bring the party home. Balance your den out with a compact pool table, dart board, and cushy leather seats, and brighten with warm lighting for a relaxing vibe.
Interior designer: Aart Boxx Interior
Location: Pasir Ris
6. An open kitchen and plenty of comfy seats sets this home up for large, hearty gatherings. Mood lightings and decorated bookshelves makes this space feel high-ended.
Interior designer: DISTINCTidENTITY
Location: Woo Mun Chew Road
If The Kitchen Matters Most
7. Are you a secret Nigella Lawson or Jamie Oliver at heart? You’ll need a kitchen that snap-ready. A black marble island countertop and vintage-inspired stove lends this monochromatic kitchen a timeless, classy touch.
Interior designer: The Association
8. Feeding a family is no easy task, and this homeowner got her priorities right with a large, well-planned kitchen that has hints of country and classic style. With a bold colour scheme and vintage-inspired graphic floor tiles in this functional area, it a perfect blend of practical and pretty.
Interior designer: Linear Space Concepts
Location: Mimosa Park
If You’re A Neat Freak
9. This minimalist apartment will surely appeal to those who prefer a cool and uncluttered home. Sleek, light-coloured and natural wood surfaces imbue the home with an enviable serenity, perfect for those that enjoy keeping their space neat as a pin.
Interior designer: Third Avenue Studio
Location: Waterway Woodcress
10. It always pays to keep things simple and neat when designing a small home. The whitewashed walls here appear to recede and enable the compact spaces to appear larger, and the illusion of space is heightened with a mirrored wall. Keep things to a minimal and do away with chunky cupboards.
Interior designer: Space Atelier
Location: Senja Parc View
If You Want To Save The World
11. Take cues from this tree-hugger homeowners; Recreate the unique cabin resort feel with recycled wooden planks for that raw and creative vibe.
Interior designer: Interi Living
Location: Telok Blangah
12. Natural materials like stone and wood add much warmth and texture to the clean lines and modern comforts. Your home is an extension of your personality so make it uniquely yours.
Interior designer: The Design Abode
Location: Neil Road
Need pro advice on how to create your very own unique space? Our interior designers can help. Drop in a quote request here with your preferred style and budget and we’ll quickly link you up (for free!) with a shortlist of interior designers who’ll make your dream home into reality.Not ready to meet up with interior designers? Get the Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play and browse local home designs, renovation prices and even reviews of interior designers!