7 Adaptable Furniture Ideas for Everyday Life
With small homes in Singapore, modular furniture is the new trend for flexible, stylish home designs. Its plus point is of course the versatility and multipurpose use to adapt to many situations – whether you need more space for books or decide to go minimalist or downsize for a change. Check out these home designs that had adapted the modular furniture style for their creative spaces.
1. Modular doesn’t have to be boring and uniformed; make it stylish with a mix and match of different shapes, sizes and styles. Take cue from the movable shelves, which doubles up as a coffee table in this living room. With a wooden theme, it adds on to the rustic theme overall while looks soothing and casual.
Interior designer: Dan’s Workshop
Location: The Horizon
2. By making small spaces like this HDB flat appear more spacious and airy. Case in point – the movable book shelf that doubles up as a “door” for the additional guest room when visitors come. Push it back and you’ll have a “solid” storage area for all your keepsakes. Smart!
Interior designer: The Design Abode
Location: Marine Terrace
3. The one area where you’ll always change in terms of storage space and sizes? Definitely the kitchen. This all-steel kitchen is not only a stunner but works fab in terms of storage space. Mix and match what you need and get even more organised with additional storage spaces and racks so that everything is in sight and within easy reach (not to forget, easy to clean too!).
Interior designer: Icon Interior Design
Location: Kim Keat
4. The feature of this home? It has to be the grey pegboard wall that works not just as a great storage space but also feature wall. Add or move the shelves around according to your storage needs.
Interior designer: Asolidplan
5. You know how it’s like – there’s never enough space or proper organised shelves in the wardrobe. Which is where modular furniture comes in handy for you to play around according to your shopping buys. Adjust the length and width whenever you need to.
Interior designer: Corazon Interior
Location: Sumang Walk
6. We love the flexibility in terms of space and organisation in the study. Movable shelves make it easy to switch things up if you need to add racks or change the layout of the room. Meanwhile, in the kitchen, instead of getting a fixed island in the middle of the room, why not go for a tiny one with wheels so that you can move it closer to you for convenience?
Interior designer: Space Concepts Design
Location: Telok Blangah Heights
7. This HDB is all about everything modular and changeable! Open racks in the kitchen with removable storage boxes and movable steel shelves in rooms make it easy to be versatile in terms of storage and organisation. Keep your modular furniture sleek so that it doesn’t take up too much space.
Interior designer: Voila
Location: Oleander Breeze
Create A Space You Love
Drop in a quote request here, and we'll match you with 5 interior firms - based on your budget and style.Looking for more local home ideas? Download the Qanvast app here, and save your favourite images, read up on handy renovation tips - all on the go.