8 Hipster Homes We’re Obsessed With
Go against the current and say no to the mainstream. In a hipster home, nothing is the same and everything is one of a kind. You’ll be the cool kid in the block, for sure! Get started with these 8 homes with a cool alternative edge.
1. If it’s bare and it’s stark, it definitely shouts hipster. Less is more couldn’t be more apt in this home’s case. We love the contrast of black lines juxtaposed with the white walls that gives a monochromatic beat. Streamlined furniture coupled with hints of wood enhance the home’s minimalist approach.
Architect: 0932 Design Consultants
Location: D Masionette
2. Obsessed with all things vintage? Then you truly belong in a hipster pad like this one. It gets a retro vibe with antique wall art and collector’s items. But don’t clutter it or you run the risk of looking like an old antique shop. Let this home be your guide – curate your own showcase of decorative items and match it with something more contemporary for a fresh look that isn't dated.
Interior Designer: Free Space Intent
Location: Yio Chu Kang
Renovation Cost: $70,000
3. With its upcyled furniture, this apartment is all about being hipster and trendy. We love the stark contrast between the dark furniture with the wooden floors – a home with an edge that manages to be welcoming at the same time. A trend that’s popping today, and that you should totally try out for your home is exposing your pipes in the bathroom – it’s easy to replicate and looks great regardless of the style.
Interior Designer: The Interior Lab
Location: Jurong East Avenue 1
Renovation Cost: $85,000
4. A hipster home giveaway? Cement flooring throughout! Not only is it easy to clean, cement flooring with its unique textures offer your home a raw industrial feel – bonus points for hipster homes! This apartment remains the cool, grey theme with sleek, understated furniture. A cement TV console and kitchen island further enhance that raw, uncontrived vibe.
Interior Designer: Voila
Location: Upper Serangoon Crescent
Renovation Cost: $42,000
5. But not everything has to be dark, stark and all things monochrome. With a dash of colour here and there, this homeowner chooses to embrace all things quirky and colourful. Moroccan-styled tiles for the kitchen island creates a nice offbeat vibe that you wouldn’t normally expect in a home. There is also a hint of retro with the classic 70s furniture, which is a great hipster throwback.
Interior Designer: Fuse Concept
Location: Hindhede Drive
Renovation Cost: $150,000
6. This apartment is all about fun details coming together to create a unique style. Give your home a creative treatment that showcases your personality – from floral tiled floors that give off a retro vibe to dark wooden floors for an industrial feel. Don’t forget your lights – a big part of nailing that edgy feel – hanging Edison lights are the top hipster choice.
Interior Designer: Posh Home
Location: Jelapang Road
Renovation Cost: $43,000
7. Another throwback to retro years! We love the 70s motifs that run throughout the home. Having a fun wall art adds a nice contemporary touch so that your home for a more updated style. But opt for wooden furniture to maintain that really chill, low-key ambience.
Interior Designer: Flipside Design
Location: Foresque Residences
Renovation Cost: $18,000
8. The first thing that catches our eyes? The exposed ceiling beams. Stainless steel frame windows throughout and the steel outdoor shutters play up the industrial design concept. As much as possible, try to retain the original structures of your home – like exposed bricks, old-style air ventilations – a sure way to add a sense of authenticity and originality.
Interior Designer: Asolidplan
Location: Eng Hoon Road
Renovation Cost: $115,000
Thinking about getting your hipster on?
Send in a free request for quote and we will match you with 5 trusted interior firms. Homeowners who engage the services of a recommended interior designer are protected under the Qanvast Guarantee scheme, up to $50,000 at for free.Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and reviews of firms in Singapore. It's never too early to start your research.