Beige, taupe and creamy tones have a reputation for being safe, yawn-worthy, even. But they have a compliant quality that few other colour families possess, enabling them to be adapted to a wide variety of styles and solutions! From enhancing small homes, imbuing warmth into a minimalist space, to even highlighting spaces for a striking look, earn how to incorporate versatile and enduring neutrals into your home - like these clean and cosy spaces.
1. A light and bright colour scheme is great for smaller apartments as it gives the illusion of a more voluminous space. Using that design trick and accompanying it with unfussy silhouettes of Nordic-inspired furniture, this home is stylishly imbued with a refreshing and relaxing atmosphere.
Interior deisgner: Lemonfridge Studio
Location: The Amore
Cost of renovation: $45,000
2. Think earthy colours are just plain and boring? Check out how this designer fashioned an arresting focal point for the home using light wooden veneers! Light brown is one of the most versatile colours for interior design, and it can be used in unexpectedly adventurous ways.
Interior designer: Artmuse Interior
Location: The Skywoods
Cost of renovation: $30,000
3. If you are thinking of a minimalist theme for your home, but worry about it looking too severe, consider a rich neutral palette instead of a monochrome one. Inject a bold and bright colour to the otherwise 'white-and-woody look' can form a wonderfully welcoming vibe.
Interior designer: 82
Location: Twin Fountains
Cost of renovation: $39,000
4. Interior design is all about layering, and this home does it brilliantly by incorporating eye-catching linear patterns to enhance each room. Using a variety of browns throughout the various spaces also creates a unified look and feel for the whole apartment.
Interior designer: Posh Living Interior Design
Location: The Topiary
Cost of renovation: $32,000
5. This modern contemporary home is gorgeously styled using different shades of browns, accompanied by grey accents. While the common areas are clean and crisp, the private rooms are made extra cosy with moodier colours.
Interior designer: Anhans Interior Design
Location: Siglap V
Cost of renovation: $37,000
6. Mix up warm and cool undertones to avoid overusing of bland neutral tones. Creamy brown and jet black make a striking pair thanks to the bold contrast, and it adds more depth to the interiors than one-dimensional sea of kakhi and tan.
Interior designer: asolidplan
Cost of renovation: $50,000
7. The light-coloured walls and furniture lend a modern flair to the deep brown, slightly more traditional wooden floors, giving this home a healthy balance of both worlds. The unexpected choice of black panels for the kitchen cabinets also adds an eclectic touch to this funky abode.
Interior designer: Flipside Design
Location: Keat Hong Pride
Cost of renovation: $35,000
8. One way to ace the tone-on-tone approach without it being flavourless is to jazz it up with different textures. Here, glossy floors and mirrored panels are juxtaposed with matt surfaces and upholstery, and patterned surfaces are featured all around to keep things visually interesting.
Interior designer: Starry Homestead
Location: Lor 1 Toa Payoh
Cost of renovation: $86,000
9. When your home is blessed with high ceilings, large windows, and a lofty bed area, it’s best to keep things classy and simple in order to showcase the dwelling’s natural beauty. This lovely condominium unit does just that with a restrained colour scheme and sophisticated decor.
Interior designer: Aart Boxx Interior
Cost of renovation: $26,500
Looking to renovate?
Whatever your personality or style, the right interior designer can bring your favourite home ideas to life. Request for a quote here, and get matched with 5 interior designers, based on your budget and style.Want more local home ideas? Download the Qanvast app here. Save your favourite images, discover new home products or simply read up on handy renovation tips to aid you on your renovation journey.